Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: New Drivers?

ROG Member Array

Well glad i got the SB-Z now, feel for you guys tho,more so for those that got it out of loyalty to the rog brand as it would have looked lush in my case with the rest of my ASUS components

ROG Enthusiast Array Highlnder3's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TAZ007 View Post
    Well glad i got the SB-Z now, feel for you guys tho,more so for those that got it out of loyalty to the rog brand as it would have looked lush in my case with the rest of my ASUS components
    I installed mine and had zero problems, I upgraded to the current drivers without issue and the card sounds very clean. For the record I've had Creative cards always, including Blaster X-Fi, X-Fi Titanium etc. This card is rock solid if you install it properly.
    I'd rather be a smartass than a dumbass!!!

Maximus V Extreme - 3770K @ 4.5ghz - Kingston Hyper X KHX24C11K4/16X 16GB @ 2400mhz
    Corsair Hydro Series H80i - 2 x MSI GTX 770 Lightning - Samsung 830 SSD 256GB - WD Caviar Black 2TB
    Xonar Phoebus - Corsair AX1200i - Antec Eleven Hundred - LG 27EA63V

Banned Array

Quote Originally Posted by Highlnder3 View Post
    I installed mine and had zero problems, I upgraded to the current drivers without issue and the card sounds very clean. For the record I've had Creative cards always, including Blaster X-Fi, X-Fi Titanium etc. This card is rock solid if you install it properly.
    And by PROPERLY you mean....?

ROG Enthusiast Array Highlnder3's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AVtemp View Post
    And by PROPERLY you mean....?
    ASUS sound cards are known for being a little unforgiving when it comes to previous sound drivers on the system. I checked around before buying my Phoebus and caught a thread where they talked about the following:

Obviously uninstall the existing card and drivers. (this includes GPU sound drivers etc.)
    Run CCleaner or similar to remove residuals. (run numerous times until no residuals are evident)
    Install the Phoebus and drivers. (I already had the newest drivers downloaded and installed them over the ones that came with the card)
    It was really that simple.

From what I've read most people having problems with this card are due to their not making sure the system is completely clean of old drivers. When I installed my card I was already expecting problems but truly had none. For the record, sound wise the X-Fi Titanium had slightly better sound for music but since it does not naturally support 5.1 I wanted a replacement and landed on the Phoebus. I think if you're careful about cleaning out the old drivers you'll find this card to be quality.

Could we use better drivers? Absolutely, yes. If you're worried about the drivers you probably wouldn't consider an ASUS card to begin with.
    I'd rather be a smartass than a dumbass!!!

Maximus V Extreme - 3770K @ 4.5ghz - Kingston Hyper X KHX24C11K4/16X 16GB @ 2400mhz
    Corsair Hydro Series H80i - 2 x MSI GTX 770 Lightning - Samsung 830 SSD 256GB - WD Caviar Black 2TB
    Xonar Phoebus - Corsair AX1200i - Antec Eleven Hundred - LG 27EA63V

Banned Array

Even OS reinstallation did not helped me.I have problems with games and ASIO.Other users just sold their cards and bought Creative.I'm waiting Asus to solve this problems,the way it should be.And there is no any progress in 9+ month period.
    Last edited by AVtemp; 10-11-2013 at 01:03 AM.

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array

Welcome to the world of vaporware drivers from Asus. Simply buy from another manufacture at this point. Give your money to a company that cares. Not to one that leave you waiting for a year at a time. I guess they hope everyone will move on so they don't have to do anything at this point and time.

Quote Originally Posted by AVtemp View Post
    Even OS reinstallation did not helped me.I have problems with games and ASIO.Other users just sold their cards and bought Creative.I'm waiting Asus to solve this problems,the way it should be. And there is no any progress in 9+ month period.

Official/Unofficial? Beta Tester For The Asus ROG Pheobus Xonar 2012 - 2013

ROG Member Array

Gee, my first Asus experience. People told me that the Xonar Cards are the way to go and the tests looked good.
    But now ... this card is barely usable. It can't be that ALL programs have to be either closed or set manually to the speaker/headphone configuration in order to prevent the scrambled sound.

And as I understand it there is no noise reduction without the control box??? Even onboard soundcards have that option.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Hi,

i installed Windows 8.1 for few minuits and now i cant use Dolby Home Theater v4. Reinstall will help? Today released Windows 8.1 here in germany :-)
    Mainboard:ASUS +6H
    GPU: GTX 1080 Auros Gigabyte
    CPU: R5 1600X stock
    PSU: Be quiet straight power 10 500W
    RAM: Trident Z DDR4 3600 @3,2 Ghz CL16

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array

This was the problem I talked about to begin with. They was suppose to release a drive sometime this month. As I imagine the windows 8.1 release probably left that driver dead in the water as it stopped working. Just as you described. Perhaps now they have to start all back over on making a new driver. But this will be my last post about this sound card. No need to waste a year on this pathetic excuse for no drivers or support. Sad to see people hanging on no matter what Asus tells them at this point.

But the good part is a new Asus board is coming out in a few weeks. The Asus Rampage 4 Black edition. Better luck next time people.

Official/Unofficial? Beta Tester For The Asus ROG Pheobus Xonar 2012 - 2013

The word for today is: "Refund"

Quote Originally Posted by Operation Nadethrow View Post
    Hi,

i installed Windows 8.1 for few minuits and now i cant use Dolby Home Theater v4. Reinstall will help? Today released Windows 8.1 here in germany :-)

ROG Enthusiast Array sh000kz PC Specs
    sh000kz PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus Maximus XI Extreme
    ProcessorIntel Core i9-9900K
    Graphics Card #1Gainward GeForce RTX™ 2080 Ti Phoenix
    Graphics Card #2HEATKILLER® IV for RTX 2080 Ti - ACRYL Ni RGB
    Sound CardCreative Soundblaster ZXR
    MonitorAsus ROG Swift PG27UQsa
    Storage #1Samsung SSD 970 Pro NVME
    CPU Coolercuplex kryos NEXT 1156/1155/1151/1150, Nickel/Nickel
    CaseThermaltake The Tower 900 White
    Power SupplyAsus ROG Thor 850W
    Keyboard Asus ROG Horus RGB
    Mouse Asus ROG Spatha
    Headset Asus ROG Centurion
    Mouse Pad Titanwolf Big
    Headset/Speakers Edifier 2.0
    OS Windows 10
    Network RouterModem Vigor165 and many Ubiquiti Network Compnents
    Accessory #1 aquaero 6 PRO USB Fan-Controller, Grafik-LCD
    Accessory #2 airplex radical 2/240 Radiator, 2x airplex radical 2/420 Radiator
    Accessory #3 Durchflusssensor high flow USB G1/4, VISION Touch Tischgerät, matt vernickelt, farbwerk USB, aquastr

i dont think so they make new drivers....many people buy this card an asus take the money so asus dont care about any future support

dolby theater is working for me on windows 8.1 but everyttime when i will start assasins creed 3 or R.U.S.E. my pc will freeze and i have du push reset

this bug exist since assasins creed 3 and xonar phoenus is released....no fix....no help from support

i hope i can get this crap card back to my vendor

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast