Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: New Drivers?

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array

So buggy drivers and now 8.1 is going to set it back a lot later also then. Would be nice if Asus would allow us to trade this in towards another piece of merchandise at this point. There is no sense in people having to wait this long for a proper working product. We all know Asus has other things they are working on. But the point of the matter is they had our money for over a 1 year 5 months and we are still waiting for proper support.

Quote Originally Posted by Raja@ASUS View Post
    Driver slipped due to bugs. Timeframe for next update is uncertain - HQ says Oct, but we will see.

I do not have any more info than this and am not the person making the drivers. You guys need to keep contacting ASUS service/RMA locally.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Maybe the next driver will be released at the same time when Windows 8.1 comes out. Maybe onley a driver for Windows 8.1 without bugfixes.
    I think that will happening!
    Mainboard:ASUS +6H
    GPU: GTX 1080 Auros Gigabyte
    CPU: R5 1600X stock
    PSU: Be quiet straight power 10 500W
    RAM: Trident Z DDR4 3600 @3,2 Ghz CL16

I'm still running with the ol .25 beta drivers, didn't even bother to update to .29 since it's the exact same driver... Anyways, i don't have any particular problems with this one, but still the piss poor support makes me want to get a soundblaster zx for my next rig in a couple of weeks.

That is the problem indeed. On the hardware side the card has great specs. Software and support is below bad. It could have been a great card. But it is now like a dollar waiting on a dime case.

Official/Unofficial? Beta Tester For The Asus ROG Pheobus Xonar 2012 - 2013

ROG Member Array

Spoke to component support today and was told by the around the end of November they will have a new set of drivers out. Sound hopefully we all can enjoy a bug free product and feel like its money well spent instead of feeling like a bunch of suckers. I don't understand how a card with such potential could be under-looked due to driver support such a shame.

Weird as they told me in October when I called. But he could not tell me if they was WHQL. Or going to work with Windows 8.1 at that point. It can be simply over looked by they have the money. Plus it seems the royalty fees was another thing that held them up. Looks like they didn't want to pay out the money to get the windows logo and for them to be signed by Microsoft.

But I'm not counting on anything being released soon. It has been like that since April of 2011. and as you can see by 2 driver releases not certified. How big of a hurry they are in for support and driver updates.

I have an asus laptop which doesn't have windows 8 drivers (and not an old model mind you), i had to tweak a lot of things in the registry in order to make some things work.

Well their Better Business Bureau rating pretty much explains it all now. It isn't hard to see why they now have a F Rating. Nothing surprises me from Asus at this point and time though. Honestly sad to see a company act like this.
    ASUS Computer International BBB rating F

ROG Member Array

Well i registered my ASUS hero and GTX680 as you do in case i needed support hardware support, im now looking to get a sound card and the natural and logical choice seem to be to get the ASUS Pheobus, after reading user reviews on amazon and other site that collect user reviews im getting the feeling that it would be a bad idea, its quite concerning the attitude from ASUS that they are happy to take your money for a product that is badly let down by its drivers, as a direct result of this it looks like il be better off getting the Sound Blaster Z

For all those that have problems i sure hope that they get sorted

I do have one question though, is this problem related to windows 7 and 8? or just 8

Kind Regards All

ROG Member Array

It is related to both 7 and 8 and probably any other OS used due to a lack of driver support unfortunately, feel like we all spent alot of money on a component that doesnt not deliver what was promised just because of a lack of support. I mean damn they dont even keep us updated on the progress of drivers... nothing at all.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast