Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array

Danger den sells a nice external rad case but that wont help you with your psu. If you are going to run an external PSU then you will have to mod your 800d theres just no way to get the cables, which you will have to make extensions for, inside otherwise.

800D is a great case but for what you want I'd suggest you look at a Silverstones TJ 07 or TJ 11, a Mountain Mods case, or Lil Devil case designed for watercooling all of them will support dual psu's they cost more but they will save you a ton of work.

If your buying the EVGA cards one at a time look at when you will be able to purchase the last one since there is no guarantee that they will still have the 580 HC2 3072 for sale still. You might be better served by waiting till Q1/Q2 of next year when Kepler is supposed to reach mass production, a more exact date should come out by December if Nvidia gets working samples in by then.

ROG Enthusiast Array Rippedsoul's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ferosin View Post
    Danger den sells a nice external rad case but that wont help you with your psu. If you are going to run an external PSU then you will have to mod your 800d theres just no way to get the cables, which you will have to make extensions for, inside otherwise.

800D is a great case but for what you want I'd suggest you look at a Silverstones TJ 07 or TJ 11, a Mountain Mods case, or Lil Devil case designed for watercooling all of them will support dual psu's they cost more but they will save you a ton of work.

If your buying the EVGA cards one at a time look at when you will be able to purchase the last one since there is no guarantee that they will still have the 580 HC2 3072 for sale still. You might be better served by waiting till Q1/Q2 of next year when Kepler is supposed to reach mass production, a more exact date should come out by December if Nvidia gets working samples in by then.
    Well. I was planning on building a radiator/pump setup completely independant from the 800D. With it's own power supply, etc. I might go with the easier route. I'm doing research on the Koolance's ERM-3K3UC External system. It's about the same as what I'm thinking, but on a single loop. Might cost me a few hundred more but alot less headache to go that route.

As for the cards, I 'should' have enough to get all four at once when I get my profit-sharing bonus. But I'm not completely relying on that. I do know the new generation of graphics cards are coming soon and I've been contemplating that. But no real release dates have been given. And then the first line of new gen of cards are usually not as good as the last bit of the last generation of cards. There will always be new hardware coming out - So if you're willing to wait a few months for better, then wait a few months for better, and you want the best, then you're going to be waiting an awfully long time. How's that for a run-on sentence?

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array

How are you going to power all 4 cards and the system though, the largest quality PSU's on the market are only 1500w and rated for tri-sli afaik there isn't a quad sli psu, and the HC2 are already overclocked?

True if you're always looking for the latest and greatest its just another month or two away, I wasnt sure what your timeline was for buying the last card so I mentioned Kepler.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferosin View Post
    How are you going to power all 4 cards and the system though, the largest quality PSU's on the market are only 1500w and rated for tri-sli afaik there isn't a quad sli psu, and the HC2 are already overclocked?

True if you're always looking for the latest and greatest its just another month or two away, I wasnt sure what your timeline was for buying the last card so I mentioned Kepler.
    Well. I've heard of several people running 3x 480's on 80+ 1000w PSU's. And I know 580's are alot more power-efficient. Right now I have a Corsair AX1200 80+ Gold. At the worse, I can try and if it doesn't work, upgrade. Or I could grab two and check wattage usage and decide from there. I'd like to wait for the next generation, but that'd require me sewing up the hole in my pocket. And I'm pretty terrible at sewing.

ROG Guru: Black Belt Array Area 66's Avatar

My question is what motherboard are you gone use for a Quad SLI ?

I would have loved to have used an Asus. I suppose I could with an XPander - except that they're impossible to find and requires an extreme case-mode to fit.

The only other two I can find is GA-990FXA-UD7, and an Asrock board. I'm not a big fan of Asrock boards. Other than that, there's only Intel based. And I plan to stick with an AM3+ 990FX board for the upcoming bulldozers.

MIA ROG Guru Array

AS TO psu WHY NOT aNTEC HIGH CURRENT PRO 1200?

OOPS CAP LOCKS
    "I would rather be gaming!" Grunts-clan.com

http://Pcjunkiemods.com
    http://c2cmods.com

Quote Originally Posted by pcjunkie209 View Post
    AS TO psu WHY NOT aNTEC HIGH CURRENT PRO 1200?

OOPS CAP LOCKS
    Well. . . I haven't had much experience with Antec. But I used a 650W Corsair on another system for awhile and had good results. So I studied reviews and stress tests on the Corsair AX1200 and it got really good reviews. I guess I was going with what I already knew rather than risking it. If I was a pro builder with sponsers or I didn't have limitted funds, I'd try out all the hardware I could. Plus I'm using a Corsair case - they match.

ROG Guru: Black Belt Array Area 66's Avatar

If I was you I will take a case like Mountain Mod, and use 3 quad rad and 2 PSU. They sale an adaptor to plug betwen the PSU 24 pins and the Motherboard to make the 2 PSU start at same time.

H4VOK89
    Is the h100 worth the buy?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast