Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    ROG Guru: White Belt Array

Rads and Fans

Sponsors/Support:

WE BACK WE BACK! on time for once a small update, but one of many...

ITS PEXON TIME WOO PEXON GO PEXON!!

So long story short, with such demand at work and focusing my time in much needed places (being slapped up if I stay at work too late).. I had to call in reinforcements. Doing this level of work was just not feasible. I suppose that's the great thing about having awesome friends. We've known James of Pexon PCs for some time now and each time we get around to hanging out its great fun. Roll on iSeries...

Moving onto his work of wonders; The job was to do exactly what I showed in one of the earlier posts. Different custom length wires then braided in MDPCX Shade 19. A very fiddly solder job indeed. The points are pretty close together on fans and this isn't helped when the wires are all black.

To make things even harder each fan had to run to a single 3pin header. Basically a daisy chain to allow us to run 16 fans from just 8 fan headers. The controllers being used here has more than enough power to do this:

Thank you very much mate and indeed I owe more than beer!

Next now that the fans are ready it was time to start fitting the radiators. See close ups of these beauties in one of my first posts. Using the XSPC AX series:

Had to connect the two rads together as they will both be working in the same loop. First try was a male to male and a male to female extenders. Sadly too short by about 5mm. Sad Panda

Considered searching for a differnt length extender but the problem with this build is the black chrome finish. Parts are much fewer than standard chrome finish for example.

Decided to go with a baby piece of acrylic tube. I suppose the extra work was a bit annoying but got the job done:

Installed 4 fans and two rads and got connected up. Managed to squeeze all 4 cables between two fans which was tight but neat!

Little test fit in the top of the case:

SADLY my friends... that is it. I started to fit the next two rads in the bottom of the case but ran into some design complications so have to figure a few things out before the next update.

My only other frustration here is the slight bow that's happening in the roof of the case due to the weight. This wont happen once the side panels are on as they will take all the weight but it's a bit annoying when building. May make a little reinforcement as the side panels wont be cut to the VERY end.

Thanks again for reading.

More rads more fans

Sponsors/Support:

HOLD UP...! ITS TIME AGAIN!!!

Going straight in with some adjustments to the white bottom chamber. Cable management was impossible to be clear when we did the drawing for Magnus as we really had no idea what we even going into the build. In turn however this gives a really nice and easy 'hands on' way to planwhat changes we want to make.

The old:

The NEW:

As with all cases Magnus is fully modular. It makes making changes like these a lot less stressful. Unscrew and slide the new panel in place:

New panel in and with the addition of two new cubes (you'll see what these are for shortly) and better cable holes:

More changes and this time on the bottom black panel. By using the technical drawing on the XSPC website we managed achieve this first time:

Time to install more of these beautiful fans:

A mirror now of the top chamber connections. Connecting the two rads together with acrylic tube:

Two more new cubes. These will correspond to the two I mentioned earlier:

This little frosted guy will be doing the work between the four cubes:

Installed:

Entire panel installed in the bottom of the case now:

The purpose of the frosted panel will become clear now. It basically acts much like the mid wall does in the body of the case and provides much needed extra strength. We did this as the rads are heavy even before they get filled with coolant. If you are wondering why frosted and not black. Frosted acrylic is in much less demand at work & this part of the case wont be visible:

Now you can see what the new cable management holes are for. All falling into place well:

Last for today we install the fifth and final 240mm radiator into the system:

The clearance and fit we are very happy with. Had people mention vibration issues from the fans/rads touching panels like this but had no issues in previous builds and no sound problems upon test run:

So we did get a bit more done on the build but no more time for Photoshop today so will end it here.

Love it? Hate it? Ideas? or even just want to show some love; VERY WELCOME!

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR READING!!

Cable Management

Sponsors/Support:

HOLD UP, HOLD MY PHONE!!

Won't be able to annotate AS much this time. Pretty busy to say the least.

First up cutting a new cable management piece. Notice the V-bit 45° cut. This is vital to get the piece to actually fit.

Measure up:

Apply heat:

And bend:

Repeat to complete:

You can see now how the 45° was necessary:

Did another couple of tubes for the rear rad:

Installed the fans on the 360. Really cant get over how good these rads and fans are:

A little look in the case internal... suppose it's a bit anticlimax now half the stuff has been taken out:

Back to our old tricks. Really like physically marking stuff:

Then do it all again but with holes:

Installing the cables:

That would be it for today.

Thanks for checking in

more tube

Sponsors/Support:

Hi folks!

Will let the photos talk. Managed to hook up the second GPU and the 240mm rad at the back. Basically 90% of the hard line work done now which means we can really start to speed things up here:

Decided to use acrylic tube to connect GPUs as we've used a lot of it. Thought the XSPC connecting system may have looked out of place:

Another pretty wild tubing run:

Hello third GPU; nice to see you:

Also connected up the back 240mm rad:

Will be a fuller update soon. Sorry for the small ones

imMortal Kombatant Array Myk SilentShadow PC Specs
    Myk SilentShadow PC Specs
    MotherboardASUS Rampage IV Formula
    ProcessorIntel i7 3930K
    Memory (part number)8GB Corsair XMS3 1600
    Graphics Card #1ASUS Radeon 7970 3GD5
    Sound CardROG Xonar Phoebus
    MonitorSamsung SyncMaster SA300
    Storage #1Corsair Neutron 128GB
    Storage #2Seagate 2TB
    CPU CoolerCorsair A50 Pro Air Cooler
    CaseBitFenix Merc Alpha
    Power SupplyThermaltake Litepower 700W
    Keyboard Alienware TactX Keyboard
    Mouse Tesoro Gandiva H1L
    OS Win7 Ultimate x64

Looks sooooo good!! can't wait to see the end result

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array EnthusiastBuild's Avatar

absolute awesomeness, definately one of the nicest and best looking builds i have ever seen! +
    CORSAIR 900D
    ASUS MAXIMUS VI FORMULA
    INTEL I7 4770K @ 4.5 GHZ
    CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 16GB @ 2400MHZ
    SLI EVGA GTX 780 SC ACX
    SSD SYSTEM: CORSAIR FORCE GT 120GB
    SSD APPS: CORSAIR FORCE GT 240 GB
    HDD STORAGE: WD BLACK 2TB
    CORSAIR AX860I PSU
    CORSAIR H100I 4 x SP120 HP

Quote Originally Posted by Myk SilentShadow View Post
    Looks sooooo good!! can't wait to see the end result
    Thanks myk, will update you with them ideas I mentioned soon ;D

Quote Originally Posted by EnthusiastBuild View Post
    absolute awesomeness, definately one of the nicest and best looking builds i have ever seen! +
    ahh thank you very much. That's very kind! Hope to show you one crazy build once finished!

imMortal Kombatant Array Myk SilentShadow PC Specs
    Myk SilentShadow PC Specs
    MotherboardASUS Rampage IV Formula
    ProcessorIntel i7 3930K
    Memory (part number)8GB Corsair XMS3 1600
    Graphics Card #1ASUS Radeon 7970 3GD5
    Sound CardROG Xonar Phoebus
    MonitorSamsung SyncMaster SA300
    Storage #1Corsair Neutron 128GB
    Storage #2Seagate 2TB
    CPU CoolerCorsair A50 Pro Air Cooler
    CaseBitFenix Merc Alpha
    Power SupplyThermaltake Litepower 700W
    Keyboard Alienware TactX Keyboard
    Mouse Tesoro Gandiva H1L
    OS Win7 Ultimate x64

Quote Originally Posted by parvumsystems View Post
    Thanks myk, will update you with them ideas I mentioned soon ;D
    Awesome, can't wait to see them....i'm gonna try and get all my Family in on buying my media box for me for xmas hahaha...sponsorship of a different kind

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array hero1's Avatar

Nice stuff. I like the tube run design.
    i7 4770K| ASUS Maximus VI Formula| G. Skill Ripjaws Z 16 GB 1866 MHz| 256 Samsung 830| AMD R9 290X CF| Silverstone S. E 1000W| Creative SB Z| Samsung DVDRW| Dell 27" U2713HM| Logitech G710+| Corsair M60 and G27 Racing Wheel| Sennheiser PC 350
    Cooling: 2 x 360 mm EKWB XTX rads, EK-D5 Vario w/ Plexi Top, X3 Res, Supr Plexi Copper, CSQ fittings, Noctua Fans

Quote Originally Posted by Myk SilentShadow View Post
    Awesome, can't wait to see them....i'm gonna try and get all my Family in on buying my media box for me for xmas hahaha...sponsorship of a different kind
    Ahh never a bad idea. I've been there. Trying to explain what a phase change cooler was as an xmas gift was difficult though!

Quote Originally Posted by hero1 View Post
    Nice stuff. I like the tube run design.
    Thanks hero! For some people it's a little bit too crazy

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast