cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Headphones for the Asus G750JH

Randomname
Level 8
Hi fellas 🙂

I've finally bought the JH version, and well, even before buying it I heard about the AMP issue and that it could be resolved with good headphones. I can't clearly remember where I've heard about it that when you have headphones with low impedance (>40 ohm) that you can hear the hissing sound. I've tried my JBL in ear headphones (I know, it's silly) and I can hear the hissing sometimes during a few mins of use. I've gone to a few stores to check out the on ear versions of headphones there, and sadly these are the ones I can buy, well have the money to buy, anyway:
Razer Kraken Pro
Razer Kraken (yeah, I know the difference is that these don't have a mic)
Razer Electra (without mic)
LOGITECH G230
ASUS Vulcan ANC (and don't tell me these because this is a ROG-only? forum :P)
SOL REPUBLIC Tracks V8

So does anyone have any experience with any of these on G750 notebooks?
Do you hear any hissing?
Btw. I like to listen to music a lot, and also I like long sessions of gaming, walks on the beach and stuff like that 😛

The main reason I'm asking here is because I hope that a lot of you fellas have a G750 notebook 🙂
Thanks for your help in advance 🙂
ASUS G750JH-T4086D
CPU: Intel Quad Core I7-4700HQ@ 2.4GHz
GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 780M
RAM: 16GB
Memory: 1TB + 250GB SSD (Samsung 840 EVO 250GB)
Display: Anti-Glare (yup, I'm bragging about it :P)
17 REPLIES 17

charleshsu1
Level 7
I have the same issue with my G750jX check out my thread:
http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?37273-ASUS-G750JX-headphone-sound-problem.&country=&status=
I use skullcandy skullcrusher headphones and hear the hissing. (also tested with other cheaper ones and hissing still there)

I temporaily solved it by going to add/remove programs and uninstalling the "Realtek high-def audio driver". It loads the most basic audio driver but the hissing goes away.
Other people fixed it by installing the latest audio driver (V6.0.1.7004), the link is somewhere in that forum.

Hope this helps!

my logitech 930's use a wireless transmitter in the Fm frequency i believe like there mice/keyboards. they bypass the amp and connect via usb. no hissing and sound great no wires either which is very important to me personally. im sure to that effect a bluetooth headset would prolly net u the same result as in now static. i have bose in ear workout earphones i use too, there sweat proof and u can have them in for hours and hours and barely feel them. deffinatley worth the $120 imho, and i dont hear much static on them. nothing that north of 40% volume i would ever notice. hope any of this helps ya man, cheers.

I wouldn't use wireless headphones, because I plan on using the ones I buy for my phone too 🙂
A friend uses his Logitech (hell if I knew the model) they have around 80 ohm impedance, they don't have the hissing sound.
The retailer won't allow me to unpack them to see if they work on my G750JH :S
That's why I started the thread originally here, because I'm sure that a lot of people here have the G750 series of notebooks, and also to see whether any of them are experiencing the hissing sound on their headphones 🙂
Like I've said, I've used the Logitech headphones and there is no hissing but I can't buy them because my friend bought them while he was in Germany last year, and well, I'm from Bosnia, and currently studying in Serbia :S
And that means that I only have access to these headphones :S

Anyway, thanks for your replies 🙂
ASUS G750JH-T4086D

I wouldn't use wireless headphones, because I plan on using the ones I buy for my phone too 🙂
A friend uses his Logitech (hell if I knew the model) they have around 80 ohm impedance, they don't have the hissing sound.
The retailer won't allow me to unpack them to see if they work on my G750JH :S
That's why I started the thread originally here, because I'm sure that a lot of people here have the G750 series of notebooks, and also to see whether any of them are experiencing the hissing sound on their headphones 🙂
Like I've said, I've used the Logitech headphones and there is no hissing but I can't buy them because my friend bought them while he was in Germany last year, and well, I'm from Bosnia, and currently studying in Serbia :S
And that means that I only have access to these headphones :S

Anyway, thanks for your replies 🙂
ASUS G750JH-T4086D

Yup did that, and the hissing is still there :S
What headphones do you use 🙂
ASUS G750JH-T4086D

iweber95
Level 7
I have the G430s with my JX and they work flawlessly with the USB sound card that they come with. I highly reccomend these headphones for anyone. They have great quality and comfort for only $70
ASUS G750JX
CPU: Intel Quad Core I7-4700HQ @ 3.4GHz
GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 770M @ 932Mhz
Memory: 1TB + 256GB SSD

iweber95 wrote:
I have the G430s with my JX and they work flawlessly with the USB sound card that they come with. I highly reccomend these headphones for anyone. They have great quality and comfort for only $70

Yeah, I heard about them 🙂
I see that I can buy a desplitter (? :P), so that I can use them with my mobile phone 🙂
Thanks for your reply, but you'll only get a 9 😛

Keep the answers coming 😄
I want to have at least a choice 🙂 😛
ASUS G750JH-T4086D

iammax
Level 7
I have the JX and I had bad hissing, so I uninstalled the realtek driver and rebooted, and now there's no hissing. There's no MaxxAudio either, but I can live with that.

villiansv
Level 11
For what it's worth, you want headphones with high impedance. In-ear headphones normally have very low impedance. My 80-ohm beyerdynamics are hiss-free using the laptop's headphone jack, while my in-ear buds (~12 ohms) hiss a lot.

Another option would be to get a separate usb soundcard (external one). Not sure if you have access to them, but if you do, it's worth considering. E.g. Fiio make a few, there are other brands as well. They will provide great sound quality for most headphones. If you do go down that route, make sure you don't get just an amp. Terminology-wise, if you find something that says it's a DAC and also an amp, that's the one you need. The DAC bit means it's a soundcard (digital-to-analogue converter). Here is my fiio dac/amp - http://www.amazon.co.uk/Andes-E07K-Portable-Headphone-Amplifier/dp/B00A9LHLQ6/ref=sr_1_1?s=electroni...

Fair warning, none of these have gaming gimmicks like EAX positional sound, but are just stereo (I can hear left-right movement easily, but not sure it's as great in a 360-degree arc). For my gaming needs, they are great.

I suspect some Logitech headphones that only plug in via USB essentially have one of these built-in, but obviously that prevents them being used with a portable player.

5.1 and 7.1 headphones may be all right if you're very much into shooters and absolutely need great positional awareness. For anything else, similarly-priced stereo headphones will provide better sound quality.

Good luck.

edit: I have a G750JX, but I suppose it's the same sound setup as the JH.