cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASUS Update - Connecting to server, Please wait...

Dafojk
Level 7
So I've never really got the ASUS Update to work when trying to update the bios. I always just downloaded the bios file from the webpage. But it would be great if i could update the bios directly from the ASUS update software - what could be wrong?

All it does is write: Connecting to server, Please wait...

Nothing ever happens. I can see that it tries to connect to ftp.asus.com.tw - should I change this?

I live in Europe, Im on a Maximus V Gene.

Thanks in advance 🙂
8 REPLIES 8

Chino
Level 15
Do not update your BIOS if your system is completely stable and you're not experiencing any problems. And even if you need to do so, never update it through Windows. Download the BIOS file to a FAT32 formatted USB pendrive and update the BIOS through the EZ Flash Utility. It's the safest method.

Dafojk
Level 7
Thanks Chino - but I always update to the latest bios hoping it will resolve my audio issues. Will update via EZ Flash in the future.

HiVizMan
Level 40
I take it you have a thread or two about your audio issue? I am not an audio person but there are folks here who are.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

Dafojk
Level 7
I do and this is not about the audio thing, it is just the reason why I always are on the lookout of a new bios. It might fix the audio issue I tell myself.

But to get on topic - would you have a solution to the "Connecting to server, Please wait..." thing, other then "dont do it that way, do it another way" ?

HiVizMan
Level 40
Sadly I have never ever used the darn service to be honest.

You see I am not one of those that am particularly bothered if I have the latest driver or the newest bios. I guess it come from working in the industry, I know just how little or no difference a driver update or bios update actually makes in the real world performance wise. However as is your situation where you are hoping for an update to fix a issue I can understand.

But no I do not have solutions or anything of actual help for you. I am sorry.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

I can only agree. I would never bother myself if there was no problem.

cappycappy12
Level 7
I did it the way Chino says to do it. I watched a fellow on You-Tube walk through the procedure and it worked like a charm for me. I don't know how I managed to corrupt the number 1 Bios and then the number 2 went. So I updated both of them. I was considering buying a new chip, but I am glad that I didn't. However the You-Tube guy recommends having a power backup because apparently a power failure while doing it can cause the board to brick.

HiVizMan
Level 40
Yeah any kind of power failure during a BIOS can cause your BIOS to brick. But ASUS have this USB flashback thing so those days are long gone with newer motherboards