cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GTX 580 sli to GTX 780

Aamar
Level 7
HI is it worth upgrading my GTX 580 sli to GTX 780 ?? Would I see better performance ??

Thanks
Aamar
15 REPLIES 15

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
Hmm hard to say. Probably the 780 would be a performance increase in some cases...it has more VRAM for a start... and would handle PhysX better I reckon and would be a single card performing at same level or better instead of SLI with the few issues that brings sometimes....

Can I use one GTX 580 and dedicate it as physx while running a GTX 780

kkn
Level 14
i was thinking of mabye using one of my 560ti's as physx but ditched it becouse of space 😛

Chino
Level 15
Well, a single GTX 780 is capable of handling the PhysX work on its own unless the user is gaming at insanely demanding resolution. lol

Aamar
Level 7
In that case I can sell both of my cards and go for a GTX 690, or is it not worth the price

kkn
Level 14
not worth the price.
the 780 have a new keplar compare to the 6xx series cards.
the titan is 10% more powerfull then a single 780 so there is not mutch performance diffrence between those.
and the 780 is cheeper then the titan.
i have 2 780's and they are kicking butt like pro's

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
Yeah, the physX card was worth it back in the day but now the 780 is going to run it much better than a 580...better sell it and put cash towards new GPU.I would say get a 780 before a 690. More VRAM more compute...single GPU...

Aamar
Level 7
just brought the GTX 780, Thanks for you help