cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G75VW fan problems

Hawshew
Level 7
So my computer is going to be a year old in a couple days. Right when the warranty is about to expire the right fan died.....again. three months ago i sent my laptop in to have the fan replaced, and now it has died a second time. How the same fan dies twice I have no idea, considering that its probably one of the most simple components of a computer. It there a way to fix this on my own? It's the right fan if you flip the computer over, so the left fan when the laptop it open (the one under its own individual compartment). Has anyone had this problem? I have the option to get a best buy warranty that would cover this sort of problem.
4 REPLIES 4

Pitcher1
Level 9
so you mean you sent to service center to change fan, but it is dead 2~3 till now? hun, i think you will tell service center to check mb and fan, i think new fan it is died, a little strange.

Apexing
Level 9
you could easily change it yourself, if you can find the part anywhere online (im sure you can on ebay etc.) But it does mean you will have to take the laptop apart, since you wont get to fan just from removing the standard back panel.
As pitcher say it would be a good idea to have the service place know that it has happened befor, just incase the mb feeds too much voltage trough to the fan.
But if you want you could get the warranty at best buy (dont know how good the warrenty is, but im sure you can google that)

My computer (fans?) make a little more noise than they used to. My WiFi card seems to drop connection a few times a day (never did that before). I'm wondering if the fan near the WiFi card (right-side) is broken and thus the WiFi card is overheating. So I'm curious how did you know your fan was dead? Put your hand over the vents, duh. Right? Well, when I boot up I only feel a slight cold air (not a great wind) coming from the left-side fan. I guess I could do some rendering of a big 3D project, or After Effects and feel the fans, then. But is there a way to test the fan(s) and know definitively?

cscooper2000 wrote:
My computer (fans?) make a little more noise than they used to. My WiFi card seems to drop connection a few times a day (never did that before). I'm wondering if the fan near the WiFi card (right-side) is broken and thus the WiFi card is overheating. So I'm curious how did you know your fan was dead? Put your hand over the vents, duh. Right? Well, when I boot up I only feel a slight cold air (not a great wind) coming from the left-side fan. I guess I could do some rendering of a big 3D project, or After Effects and feel the fans, then. But is there a way to test the fan(s) and know definitively?

Download Hwinfor64, run the sensors they will show you the Load Temp and fan speeds for both your CPU and GPU
G752VY-DH72 Win 10 Pro
512 GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
1 TB Samsung 850 pro 2.5 format
980m GTX 4 GB
32GB DDR 4 Standard RAM

Z97 PRO WiFi I7 4790K
Windows 10 Pro
Z97 -A
Windows 10 Pro