Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 17
  1. #1
    Banned Array
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    50

    Cool BIOS 208 is amazing!!!

    Do not be scared because of the post hmscott has made here, it is only his experience on his system. He made a general post saying that BIOS 208 causes the mouse to become jerky which is so NOT TRUE

    hmscott is the only person facing this mouse jerkiness problem.

    I upgraded to the 208 BIOS as soon as it was out and there is no mouse jerkiness AT ALL. I am using a Logitech Anywhere MX Wireless mouse.

    Bear in mind that I use Windows 8.1 with update drivers such as:

    Intel Chipset Drivers 9.4.0.1026
    Intel Rapid Storage Technology Driver 12.8.0.1016
    Intel Management Engine Interface 9.5.10.1550
    nVIDIA GeForce Drivers 327.23
    Realtek Audio Driver 6.0.1.6976
    Atheros AR9485 WLAN Driver 10.0.0.261
    Atheros AR8171 LAN Driver 2.1.0.21
    Atheros Bluetooth Driver 8.0.0.230
    Power4Gear Hybrid Utility 3.0.5


    On AC Power the CPU Speed is: 3.27 GHz. to 3.4 GHz depending on the CPU load
    On Batteru Power the CPU Speed is: Drop to 0.77 GHz. automatically because the Power4Gear Hybrid automatically switches the plan to Power Saving, but when I manually change the plan to Performance by pressing FN + Spacebar, the CPU speed jumps up to the same 3.27 GHz. to 3.4 GHz

  2. #2
    ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array Flea0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Reputation
    21
    Posts
    211

    can anyone else confirm the lack of issues with bios 208?
    ASUS G750JX -- i7-4700 - 16GB - 128GB 840 PRO SSD + 1TB HDD - Nvidia GTX 770M - 120Hz 3D glossy display

  3. #3
    ROG Enthusiast Array
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    51

    Yea im looking at it right now, off the A/C its not coming above the 0,77Ghz, even if i change to high performance, and then back to energy saving. Its running on 0,77Ghz.. and with A/C its at 3,27ghz (high performance then)

    So install this update then i guess? Hmm now i think i need this aswell.

  4. #4
    ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array Flea0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Reputation
    21
    Posts
    211

    welp, after reading the other thread I updated to the new bios and I'm getting the full cheeseburger from the cpu now if I set power4gear to "performance" when on battery. What I immediately noticed was that webpage scrolling is buttersmooth again, just like on AC.
    ASUS G750JX -- i7-4700 - 16GB - 128GB 840 PRO SSD + 1TB HDD - Nvidia GTX 770M - 120Hz 3D glossy display

  5. #5
    Banned Array
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    50

    Quote Originally Posted by Flea0 View Post
    welp, after reading the other thread I updated to the new bios and I'm getting the full cheeseburger from the cpu now if I set power4gear to "performance" when on battery. What I immediately noticed was that webpage scrolling is buttersmooth again, just like on AC.
    yup! that's what I'm talking about!

    That guy hmscott is spreading wrong information across the forums with his system's issue! this BIOS is the best thing that happened to this laptop
    Last edited by Pitcher; 09-22-2013 at 08:03 PM.

  6. #6
    ROG Guru: White Belt Array kingfish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Reputation
    11
    Posts
    116

    just updated mine and happy
    G751JT | 24GB | 2 x 1TB HDD | Nvidia GTX 970M | Windows XP

  7. #7
    ROG Guru: Platinum Belt Array hmscott PC Specs
    hmscott PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)Asus G750JH-DB71 (legacy)
    MotherboardAsus G750JH Intel HM87
    ProcessorIntel i7-4700HQ XTU Cores 36x/35x/34x/34x Cache 36x -50mV undervolt
    Memory (part number)Hyundai Electronics HMT41GS6AFR8A-PB 1.35v DDR3L-1600MHz
    Graphics Card #1Nvidia 780m Asus GPU Tweak OC 932mhz/6300mhz
    Sound CardRealtek v6.0.1.7469 driver
    MonitorAUO B173HW02 V1 Custom Refresh 85hz
    Storage #1RAID0 2x M.2 SATA Crucial MX200 512GB CT500MX200SSD6
    Storage #2Crucial 512GB 2.5" MX200 CT500MX200SSD1
    Power Supply230w AC Power Adapter 19.5v
    Keyboard Logitech k400 Wireless KB/Trackpad
    Headset Sony MDR-XB500 Wired and Sennheiser RS-220 Wireless TOSLINK
    OS Windows 8.1 + 8 Linux VM's + Windows 10 Technical Preview
    Network RouterAsus RT-AC68U DLINK DIR-655

    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Reputation
    44
    Posts
    5,357

    Quote Originally Posted by Pitcher View Post
    yup! that's what I'm talking about!
    That guy hmscott is spreading wrong information across the forums with his system's issue! this BIOS is the best thing that happened to this laptop
    Pitcher, please do share whatever you discover about BIOS 208, but please don't call me out as giving out bad information, when you might be doing that yourself by not adequately stressing the CPU with your usage / tests to see problems.

    I posted the details of the problem I am seeing, including the download link so you can test it yourself. Please recreate the testing I did and documented in my posts. And, let us know what you see.

    I recreated tests by other users, and found they didn't stress the CPU the same way. Single-threaded tests, and tests that don't stress the CPU the way that Prime95 does don't produce the load necessary to cause the lag.

    By using ThrottleStop to set the CPU during the times of lag on BIOS 208 the lag goes away, so there is additional tuning that could be done to BIOS 208 to improve performance.

    And, I have suggested in a few posts that you can always back up to BIOS 207 if your usage on BIOS 208 isn't satisfactory, so there is no reason not to try BIOS 208 for your own usage.
    Last edited by hmscott; 09-22-2013 at 08:35 PM.

  8. #8
    ROG Enthusiast Array
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    51

    Yea the Bios is working fine now, just updated to 208. Thanks Asus.

  9. #9
    Banned Array
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    50

    Quote Originally Posted by hmscott View Post
    Pitcher, please do share whatever you discover about BIOS 208, but please don't call me out as giving out bad information, when you might be doing that yourself by not adequately stressing the CPU with your usage / tests to see problems.

    I posted the details of the problem I am seeing, including the download link so you can test it yourself. Please recreate the testing I did and documented in my posts. And, let us know what you see.

    I recreated tests by other users, and found they didn't stress the CPU the same way. Single-threaded tests, and tests that don't stress the CPU the way that Prime95 does don't produce the load necessary to cause the lag.

    By using ThrottleStop to set the CPU during the times of lag on BIOS 208 the lag goes away, so there is additional tuning that could be done to BIOS 208 to improve performance.

    And, I have suggested in a few posts that you can always back up to BIOS 207 if your usage on BIOS 208 isn't satisfactory for your usage, so there is no reason not to try BIOS 208 for your own usage.
    strange how everyone else is having great results except you bro.

    no offense meant in my post

    but maybe try a clean install with the latest drivers im sure ull get better results

  10. #10
    ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Reputation
    35
    Posts
    344

    I tried downloading the update but the file name is incorrect. How do I get around this or find the correct file name

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •