cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plugged in to use full power of PC - power management or is this just like it is?

timelaw
Level 7
Hey!

I was wondering if it is a setting making it lagg without plugging my charger in to my Asus G750JH or if it is a setting that triggers when it is unplugged. If so, I want to change it. I can play Arma 3 on Ultra with a high FPS rate (don't know exact level but it's above 30-40 at least) and if I unplug it, even the least demanding game might lagg. In the case of Arma 3 I get around 3-10 fps without being plugged in and with it I get way more (40-60 I would guess).

I've looked for settings regarding power management but can't find anything that I see relate. I hope you can help me on this!
3 REPLIES 3

Tundra
Level 7
The battery cannot power the CPU and GPU at full power simultaneously due to lack of power. The wattage consumption would likely destroy your battery if they were running at full power. This is why you need the AC adapter. This goes for any gaming laptop.

Okey, that's what I thought could be the cause but I thought I'd ask to make sure. Well, thanks 🙂

cl-Albert
US Customer Loyalty Agent
You may already know about this, but if you don't have the newer G750JH bios, it's possible a bios update can help some if you want to check this thread New 208 JX and 205 JH BIOS on support.asus.com.
Just be aware that a failed bios flash can kill your system and cause it to stop working, so you may want to only try it when you can take this risk.

Also, this may not help too much, but if you are using the ASUS Power4Gear software, you may want to check its setting too.