cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maximus VI Formula game sounds through TS

Nooster
Level 7
So i recently upgraded my system including a complete fresh OS install with the following components:

Maximus VI Formula (Bios 0714 Realtech driver 6.0.1.6966)
2 x GTX670 (in SLI)
240GB SSD.
Windows 7 64bit SP1 latest updates,
Ever since i have changed my MB i have found i have issues with both my in game sound coming through to team speak when i am in game.

I have ensured that stereo mix is disabled, and the only sound input is my MIC (headphones Razer melgladon 2.1)

I am using the front audio input (3.5mm jacks).

Noise gate and noise reduction have both been disabled, and I am at a loss as to what else to do to prevent the in game sounds coming through TS.

Other people i have spoken to on team speak have also said that they can hear them self talk when i have PTT active while they speak, however it is clear as day to them (as in not muffled at all crystal clear.

Has anyone found a solution or had a similar issue?
14 REPLIES 14

Raja
Level 13
Not heard of this one on here. I'd do a few things to see what is going on:

1) Use the rear 3.5MM jacks and disconnect the FP cable from the motherboard. This will help determine if there is any crosstalk issue on the FP cable being routed through the case.

2) Try without the Realtek driver. Unistall and see what happens with the default MS driver.

-Raja

Nooster
Level 7
Thanks for the quick response.

Looks like its a FP audio thing 😞 have to get me a new FP cable to see if that resolves it otherwise the FP is stuffed 😞

Raja
Level 13
Cool beans. I suspected some kind of crosstalk being the issue. You can try routing it differently or another cable I guess.

CSN7
Level 7
yep my mates told me the same, that they could hear my ingame sound... so it's most likely the front panel cable? (because I'm also using front the front panel) sigh on this one since it's all new and comes preapplied with the case. Don't even know how to change it without taking the front panel apart.

Raja
Level 13
Ask him to uninstall the realtek driver and see if it still happens before you look for cable alternatives. With two of you having the issue, I'd like to rule out a driver related problem.

CSN7
Level 7
Ok from what I tested the "cross-talk" issue appears both when connecting the headset to the front panel AND the back directly to the motherboard. With the realtek driver AND with the standard microsoft one.

In every scenario it carries a noticable static noise that gets of course enhanced by the microphone boost option (a boost of 20db is necessary to even hear my voice loud enough).
To make things even more strange, when I play music for instance or play a game ppl can hear it, as soon as it is loud enough.
Since I tested either front and back panel, 2 headsets, both realtek and microsoft drivers it leads me to some poor input converters on a hardware level.
I was able to work around it with an option in Mumble (voip tool) called echocancellation. Originally intended for a setup with dedicated speakers and a mic. But not every programm has this option obviously (skype, teamspeak doesn't as far as I know). And it's a software workaround that shouldn't be necessary in the first place.
Especially because Asus promotes the formula having high quality audio components, I don't understand why this static noice is so present like on a cheap solution and even carries out the sound that I hear to the ppl on voip.
An echo-cancellation built in the driver would fix it at least.

Raja
Level 13
Did you unplug the FP cable?

CSN7
Level 7
I retested the backpanel with a disconnected FP cable now. Same thing basically. But I found out more details during my testing.

While the problem is worse with a FP connection of the headset, the static noise is present both front and back. the static jitter fluctuates so much that it randomly activates the voice activation in voip programms. (doesn't stop when I mute the mic though) it's a weird one really.
I found out the crossover issue when someone could hear my sound is strongest on the FP connection

I wouldn't say the FP is faulty. I'd rather say it's the FP plug on the Mobo in addition to in-line processing issue with this static noise in general

DirectHit
Level 7
I too am experiencing these sound issues with my Maximus VI Formula board.

While I am on TeamSpeak 3, other players can hear everything through my soundcard. I use Corsair Vengence 1300 analog headphones.

The issue occurs in the following tested senarios:
- I plug the headphones into the case front outputs
- I plug the headphones into the motherboard outputs
- I have removed the case output connector from the motherboard and tested it from the back too.

I am running the following hardware:

Motherboard model: ASUS Maximus VI Formula

UEFI Version: 0903

CPU: Intel i5 4670K

Memory kit part number (s) and amount in GB: 8GB HyperX Beast

GPU: ASUS GTX770 DCII OC

SSD/HDDs/Optical drives: 256GB Vertex 4, 2x WD RED 1TB

PSU: Corsair HX850

USB Devices (model/version number): Logitech G15, R.A.T.7

CPU Cooler: EK HX360 kit

PC CASE: Corsair 900D

Operating system: Microsoft Activated yes/no? Windows 8, yes.

Drivers Installed (include version): All of the latest ASUS website drivers including Audio driver v6.0.1.7023

Any third Party temp/voltage software installed: CPUID HW Monitor PRO (trial/unlicensed)

System Overclocked (provide details)? 4.4GHz using the overclock option in the bios, not custom settings.
ASUS Maximus VI Formula | Haswell i5 4670K | 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast
ASUS GTX770 DCII | ASUS VG278HE 27" 144Hz | OCZ Vertex 4 | Corsair 900D
Logitech G15 | Mad Catz R.A.T. 7 | Corsair 1300 | EKWB Loop