cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How many RealBench Benchmark runs are enough?

GreggMack
Level 9
I've been using AIDA64 and an old version of Prime95 (v25.11) to stress my system as I develop my overclocking profiles. I just recently found out about this ASUS RealBench, so I downloaded it and installed it. It is certainly more entertaining to watch than a temperature graph from AIDA64...! Anyway, my questions to the forum members are:

1. Do you use the Stress Test or the three Benchmarks, or both, to determine if your system is stable?
2. How long do you run the Stress Test, or how many Runs of the Benchmarks do you run before you have confidence in your overclock settings?
3. Do you use only Real Bench, or other stress programs as well? If you also use other programs, which ones?

Thanks!
6 REPLIES 6

HiVizMan
Level 40
Hello mate

Best to use the benchmark, I like to run the benchmark three times in a row and if my systems are able to pass that then most of the time no game or application is going to hassle my system.

Volts are going to be a little higher than with Prime due to the nature of the second test.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

Thank you, HiVizMan!

I went back and retested my 4 saved OC Profiles by running RealBench 5 times on each profile. (Not 5 individual runs, but one big run with 5 passes.) I also ran my old version of Prime95 (v25.11) for at least 1 hour, AIDA64 for at least 2 hours, and HyperPI 0.99 (32M, Above Normal Priority) before I declared each OC Profile as "fully trusted".

On two of the profiles, as they were in the second of the 5 passes, and in the Encoding section, I did experience two crashes. I added 10mV to my 4.5 GHz profile (Vcore = +1.280V and Caches at x43), and 5mv to my 4.4 GHz profile (Vcore = +1.250V and Caches at x42).

So, in the end, RealBench v1.1 did seem to stress my system just a wee bit more than the other nasty programs that I was having my computer run.

Thanks!

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
enough?......RealBench?....what do you mean?....enough?....RealBench?....
ENOUGH? REALBENCH?....ENOUGH?REALBENCH?

*crash*

......"230mg nurse"......

you can never HAVE ENOUGH REALBENCH!!

......"from both sides at the same time...easy does it"......

*smash*

*mffff*

*crump*

*gnnngg*

......"full restraints lads"......

......"and I think we should call this guy Nodens and tell him about the diary and the dark pictures......he may want to move house or hurry up with version 2.0"......

*slam*

*click*

HiVizMan
Level 40
Er long night was it Arne.

LOL 😄
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

meankeys
Level 13
good one Arne

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
Ach just a mix-up with my meds...I'm fine now.....

*eye twitches almost imperceptibly*

😄