cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intel Core I7 4770k Unstable???

cserba
Level 7
Hi guys, I have to problems with my new CPU. It is a core i7 4770k. The first is that in idle state my CPU All gadget show that one core or thread is almost used up to 100%, and i am not making anything, just playing with mouse.
here is the proof of it:

and the second is that when i started the intelburntest 2.54 for time: 5 i've get high temperatures like 80 C. And my chassis fans the upper and back aren't running on the highest RPM. Is it the noctua nh d-14 or the system what can't handle the fans.

I have asus maximus extreme vi mobo and cm storm trooper case.
Thank you for your help
5 REPLIES 5

Chino
Level 15
You need PWM fans (4 pin) if you want them to change speed based on temperature. The same goes for your D14. The normal D14 comes with 3 pin fans and the SE2011 version comes with 4 pin fans.

Regarding one of your threads hitting 100%, make sure you're not infected by a virus or spyware. Or the memory leak can be caused by some iffy program.

HiVizMan
Level 40
A thread can easily be at 100% when doing indexing, or one of the many hundreds of background tasks in OS.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

HiVizMan wrote:
A thread can easily be at 100% when doing indexing, or one of the many hundreds of background tasks in OS.

okay, i can understand it. but what is the main problem with my cooling? I mean noctua? why it can't handle the cooling of my cpu? And that thread problem, he was doing that continuously for 5-10 mins, only one that thread.

HiVizMan
Level 40
The cooling can simply be because the cooler is not perfectly mounted.

One thread yesterday reported back that after he remounted and used a lot less thermal paste his cooling worked perfectly. I even know of someone who fitted his cooler and did not realise that the cooler had a protective plastic film over the copper base.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

HiVizMan wrote:
The cooling can simply be because the cooler is not perfectly mounted.

yeah, i have removed the plastic cover from the cooling system.And followed the steps written in the paper for the noctua. I am starting to think that maybe the cooling system wasn't built properly. Maybe i should switch to water cooling set. Would be enough to buy a water cooling system with 140mm radiator, if i am not really planning to overclock maybe just later, and i want a perfectly cooled system? I think i will go for NZXT kraken x40