cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maximus VI Impact vcache bug ?

FiNAS
Level 10
I'm running an impact with bios 404 and when setting the "cpu cache voltage override" to manual and dialing in the voltage I want, the voltage applied will be much higher. For instance, if I put 1.130v the reading on bios will be 1.148, if I put 1.120, the reading on bios will be 1.138 .

Is this by design? I would expect some diference, but not that much.
11 REPLIES 11

HiVizMan
Level 40
How are you monitoring the voltage?
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

HiVizMan wrote:
How are you monitoring the voltage?

as stated on the first post, by looking at the reading displayed on the motherboard bios.

HiVizMan
Level 40
In OS, are you monitoring the voltage in OS with any application.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

FiNAS
Level 10
no, I dial the voltage I want, then I go to bios to see what voltage is being applied.
I

FiNAS
Level 10
duplicate

HiVizMan
Level 40
Ah ok - could you check is OS what the voltages are once the system has handed over to AHCI. Use HWmonitor if you don not have AIsuite installed. It is a stand alone app.

FiNAS
Level 10
latest version of hwinfo does not display "uncore" voltage, at least from the mini windows 7 usb instalation that I used to run the program.
I'm using linux.

Anyway, either the bios is setting the wrong voltage or it is displaying a wrong value, or maybe the diference is by design. Do you work for asus? if so, can you investigate this?

HiVizMan
Level 40
I have passed this on to the engineering team thank you for reporting the bug.

CSN7
Level 7
Got the same thing on my M6F. When I type in for example 1.030v in the bios and under OS it will show what I need for my CPU at stock 1.047-1.051v.

BUT another at least I think way more important kind of bug is the following. I found out about it when I did a cmos reset. First thing went into the bios all default values right there. vcache showed me a default of 1.047-1.051v. Left everything on Auto and stock speeds. When I then go into the bios a second time it will have ramped up the default auto vcache to 1.147v!!!! (in the bios and OS)
Thats a huge amount for default. And I know the CPU runs perfectly stable with it's "real" default vcache of 1.047v which I then achieve by typing 1.030v into the bios manually.