Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8

Thread: Redemption

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array hero1's Avatar

Major Update!

Hello friends. This is one, way overdue update and it will contain case materials and new water cooling gears that I purchased almost a month ago as well as new GPUs that are awaiting their water blocks.

Three weeks ago, I worked on the case panels. I cut and drilled the holes for mounting the new aluminium plates. I didn't take pictures for all the panels but here is what happened to the rear panel (front, bottom and top panels have been subjected to the same treatment).

First I measured the area that I wanted removed. I then, marked it and went to work. I made a very nice cut and I was proud of myself. Then I filed the panel and made sure it was smooth. Then I grabbed the new aluminium plate and measured the area that I wanted the screws to go. I took the same measurements and applied them to the original back panel. I grabbed my punching pin and went to work. I like how it fit so perfect. The bottom and top of the panel will need some rivets due to the fact that I am using M5 screws. I know I could have used the countersunk screws that I have but for this build I want to have some industrial look to it.

And this is what I am going to use for the motherboard tray. You will see what I do for the cables path through holes and clips. For now, enjoy the MB mounted to the new tray.

This is what I received from Dazmode almost a month ago but I haven't been able to work on mounting them to the MB. The build will have black all over it and I am thinking about getting black fittings to replace my current silver/nickel compression fittings.

Well, this is what came in the box.

These are the 2 GPUs that are going to replace my EVGA GTX 780 Hydro Copper. I could have bought a second GTX 780 HC but I decided to go AMD way for this one and will use the EKWB R9 290X Acetal Nickel Rev 2.0 full cover waterblocks.

i7 4770K| ASUS Maximus VI Formula| G. Skill Ripjaws Z 16 GB 1866 MHz| 256 Samsung 830| AMD R9 290X CF| Silverstone S. E 1000W| Creative SB Z| Samsung DVDRW| Dell 27" U2713HM| Logitech G710+| Corsair M60 and G27 Racing Wheel| Sennheiser PC 350
    Cooling: 2 x 360 mm EKWB XTX rads, EK-D5 Vario w/ Plexi Top, X3 Res, Supr Plexi Copper, CSQ fittings, Noctua Fans

I did more work on the PC last night, well on the MB and the blocks.

First I stripped the ASUS supplied block. I have to say, the thing is heavy and well built. I intend to fire up the pump, hook up the ASUS block and keep it under water for a several days. I will monitor the condition of it and bring in the results. This will help validate their anodizing.

First order of business was to take the ASUS blocks off.

Then I cleaned everything and also removed my other EKWB CPU block and started to mount the new stuff.

This is how it looks now. I just love it.

And I can't decide on which one of these reservoirs to use. I can keep the Aqualis for the next build and keep using EK products on this one.

More updates coming soon...​
    i7 4770K| ASUS Maximus VI Formula| G. Skill Ripjaws Z 16 GB 1866 MHz| 256 Samsung 830| AMD R9 290X CF| Silverstone S. E 1000W| Creative SB Z| Samsung DVDRW| Dell 27" U2713HM| Logitech G710+| Corsair M60 and G27 Racing Wheel| Sennheiser PC 350
    Cooling: 2 x 360 mm EKWB XTX rads, EK-D5 Vario w/ Plexi Top, X3 Res, Supr Plexi Copper, CSQ fittings, Noctua Fans

Hello fellas. I know it has been a long time since my last update. I have been super busy with work and young family.

Anyways. I took some of these pictures a while ago but I was unable to take and upload them.

First up..I fitted all the GPUs with EK R9 290X Rev 2.0 blocks and stuffed my system into a Corsair Obsidian 800D case that I scored for $90..

This is what I accomplished today for the front rad plate before my drill battery died..I like how it turned out and I will be finishing it up tomorrow morning as well the back and top panel.

The Corsair 800 D will be my next build (debating between X99 or go and my Z77 MVF) and I will be using these hardware for it... Aquacomputer gear..

Hey Mods..I need help with some stuff here. My page has some Spanish in it and somehow I am not allowed to edit my posts. Please help!

Hello everyone, another update here.

Last weekend, on Saturday, I continued where I left off before the battery died on me. I worked on the front fan holes and got them done. Then I shifted my attention to the PSU hole and I like the way it came out.

Front rad plate moounted onto the panel.

Close up of the holes!

Outline for the PSU hole.

Making the cut.

This is how it looks before I finished filing the hole.

Today I was able to do more work on the panels. I mounted the rad so I can see how much room I have left for 2 5.25 bays (Fan Controller and NZXT Hue RGB). I will be working on this part tomorrow. I also assembled the back panel and I like how it looks.

Back panel next to the front panel.

Front panel with the rad mounted laying sideways.

Back and front panel together again.

After that, I worked on drilling some holes on the MB tray. I hope to have each wire go through its own hole.

Thanks for following...more work tomorrow:thumb:

Hello everyone. I hope that you are all keeping warm, at least trying to. This is a long overdue update that I meant to share back in late September and October. Unfortunately, I was sick then for 3 months and now I am home nursing injuries that I suffered from another car accident after getting rear ended badly on my way home from work. I hope I can resume my work on this case and have it powder coated before Christmas.

Here's what I had done a while ago. All that is left is to drill holes and mount the MB tray and mid panel. Then make fan cutouts for the top panel as well as the right side of the case.

First up is the bottom panel. I got it done with!

Then I worked on the ODD cutouts.

After that I shifted my attention to the motherboard CPU cutout. The motherboard trey will be made of 2 aluminium sheets joined together using 1/2 aluminium bars. Why? I want the MB trey to be as clean as possible and this means all the cable clamping and tying will be done on the second aluminium sheet.

Here you can see the main MB trey and the aluminium bars resting on it. Then I put the second aluminium sheet on top.

Last but not least, I made the channel for the GPU brackets to go through.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8