Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Derp Array

Quote Originally Posted by HiVizMan View Post
    Since you are not running an IVY-e please go back to the last official supported BIOS. The beta bios are all about Ivy-e
    I'll flash back quick - tried the beta UEFI to see if it fixed the issue as I was on the last official - Will do it now again

Super Moderator - Coderat Array Nodens PC Specs
    Nodens PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)ASUS GL702VW-GC004T
    MotherboardRampage V Extreme Edition 10
    ProcessorIntel 3930K C2
    Memory (part number)CMZ16GX3M4X2133C11
    Graphics Card #1ASUS STRIX-GTX970-DC2OC-4GD5
    MonitorASUS VG278H
    Storage #13x OCZ Vertex 3 240 (RAID5 - LSI 9361-8i)
    Storage #23x WD2003FYYS (RAID5 - LSI 9361-8i)
    CPU CoolerCorsair H100i + 4x Noctua NF-P12
    CaseCoolermaster HAF-X
    Power SupplySeasonic X-1250
    Keyboard Razer Anansi
    Mouse Logitech G502
    OS Windows 10 Pro x64
    Network RouterLinksys E4200v2 (running TomatoUSB/Toastman firmware)

Use 4206 not 4403 because that one is still affected by the issues the users have reported.
    RAMPAGE Windows 8/7 UEFI Installation Guide - Patched OROM for TRIM in RAID - Patched UEFI GOP Updater Tool - ASUS OEM License Restorer
    There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those who don't!

RealBench Developer.

New ROGer Array

Hello try to improve you MTU this is a page in German, try it, or may be find one in English

it solves a lot of problems in BF3, and improves you internet speed

http://www.tippscout.de/windows-7-mt...tipp_5762.html

Derp Array

Hello there !

Just some feedback and something I picked up ...

Firstly - what should I use to test the stability of my machine and OC when I go there before running anything else?
    Prime95 ?
    Linx ?
    AIDA64?

Anyways ,
    Running 4206 now - when I booted up and ran prime95 , the CPU wouldn't clock over 3.7 ( jumped between 1200 and 3.7 ) - I didn't touch the UEFI. Temps peaked around 65deg/c on Realtemp with the VCORE hitting 1.368v on Auto.

I then noticed my Ram reset to Auto which was 1333Mhz ... so I set X.M.P and selected 1600Mhz target speed .... Reboot and noticed my CPU now runs 4ghz ... Was this the reason my CPU kept clocking back under load before ? relation between the ram and CPU clock ? ( yes sorry , i'm a little dumb )

ROG Guru: Grand Master Array HiVizMan's Avatar

The best thing you can do to test stability is use your system for the purpose you bought it. Those kinds of stress tests simply show that you can pass those stress tests. If you want to get a feel for how stable you are, download ROG Realbench and run the benchmark. If your system passes then you are pretty good to go.

Seriously there is no benefit in cooking your CPU for hours on end.

Now moving on. Have you OC'd your CPU at all, I see you are using the XMP profile for ram may I ask why you needed to set the frequency of the memory as the XMP profile does that for you.
    To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

Derp Array

ey there HiVizMan,

I have read somewhere that in certain cases some ram ( and even the modules I have ) don't work correctly at X.M.P - I was trying to eliminate the RAM running at 2400Mhz as a possible issue. ( And It could still be ? ) I am on 1866Mhz now and the machine is holding up fine under Linx with temps peaking around 71 on most cores.

I will download ROG Realbench and try that quick. Thanks for the tip !.

No worries mate, your temps are pretty high - but I guess that is with a stress application running?

If you could list your hardware then maybe we can work something out. It might be best to start a thread so as to stay focused.
    To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

Derp Array

Good Morning Everyone!

I've done some testing and here are the results:

2 - 3 ROG Realbench Passes - Success
    5 - 10 Linx Passes - Success
    2 Hours or looping Unigine - No crashes or issues

Max temps are sitting around mid 60s when running stress programs.
    Would you agree that the above concludes that the machine is fairly stable ? I am not moving onto the gaming tests.

I would most definitely say based on those tests your system has passed those tests and is stable for those tests. I have no idea if your system will pass anything else and I would be wrong to say your system is stable. Just maybe the first time you have flash video on youtube your system fails and you get cross with me. Not likely but you never know.

Jokes aside that is very good temps for those stress tests. And yes you should be good as I think your system is stable.

I just want to comment and say, having been a very active member at OCN for a long time, you have NO IDEA how refreshing it is to finally hear LOGIC regarding stability testing!!!! HiVizMan, you are so very right (and you too, Chino!)!

I am so sick of Prime95/Intel Burn Test/LinX/etc being used as the end all be all of machine stability! I mean, come on, what sense does that make?

Doing a run, on water, at 5.25Ghz on my 3930K with RAM OC'd from 2133 9-11-10-28 to 2588 10-11-10-25 1T, do a 32M run, post a screenshot, and get told it's "invalid if it's not 24hr P95 stable"... WHAT?!?! My goal was to do stupid high clocks, get a good time, and if I managed to do so, was it not stable for me??? Of course it is!

People now don't just do 24hrs, either, I've seen suggestions (of course, it's usually a newbie telling another, newbier newbie) to run P95 for 24 hours, if it passes then run MemTest86 for 24hrs, if it passes then run LinX for 24hrs, then OCCT for 24hrs, IBT for 24hrs, and after a week if it hasn't crashed (or exploded, or committed suicide), it's stable.... Are you kidding me?

I've run P95 for I think 10 minutes, because 99% of the time if it's going to crash, it'll do so in the first 10 seconds let alone 10 minutes, but that's all I've ever done. If it is unstable at some point, it's usually really easy to figure it out if you can spend 2 seconds learning a few common BSOD's....but people don't bother.

Which leads me to my last point... Overclocking has become something that people see as mandatory, and I see so many members who are just building their first rig, and their primary goal is "OC to 5Ghz+" for a 3930K and their X79-UD3 or something, or they'll buy a 3930K and 4x8GB DDR3-1333, or on the opposite end, 4x8GB DDR3-2800, and the second post is complaining that we didn't help them enough... UGH

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast