cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Safe Overclock for H24 7/7

leghmoh
Level 10
Hi,

Is this a safe overclock for a daily used system? The temps where in the high 70's in burn.

Thanks
25 REPLIES 25

Chino
Level 15
Amazing overclock paired up with some lighting fast RAM and you manage to keep the temperatures under control. You have my blessings, mate. 😉

Chino wrote:
Amazing overclock paired up with some lighting fast RAM and you manage to keep the temperatures under control. You have my blessings, mate. 😉

Thank you Sir, :cool:.

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40

Looks great to me. You're under 1.4 (which would be my absolute ax on these 22nm chips).

HiVizMan
Level 40
You are good to go.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

leghmoh
Level 10
I was really worried to move on the 22 nm chip, but apparently I got a good one :cool:.

Thanks.

nleksan
Level 10
It looks great to me, as we're running the exact same voltage (although for me, 1.376v = 4984Mhz 😛 )

Impressively done with the memory, though!!!

If I may, what memory are you running? I'm going to guess either Trident X 4x4 2666 or Corsair Dominators? They clearly have Samsung or MFR IC's in them, although I'd be very keen to know if they're actually double-sided or if they're single-sided sticks....

Also, what are your other settings, like VTT1, VCCSA, Current Capability, vDIMM, etc?

Without knowing the above, which is mostly trivial stuff and my curiosity, I'd say that you're very much safe for 24/7 use!!! I've been running 1.376v or thereabout, with 1.150-1.180v VTT1/VCCSA, LLC "High", 180% Current Capability, 1.655v vDIMM, etc, for a long time and zero degradation or anything!

nleksan wrote:
It looks great to me, as we're running the exact same voltage (although for me, 1.376v = 4984Mhz 😛 )

Impressively done with the memory, though!!!

If I may, what memory are you running? I'm going to guess either Trident X 4x4 2666 or Corsair Dominators? They clearly have Samsung or MFR IC's in them, although I'd be very keen to know if they're actually double-sided or if they're single-sided sticks....

Also, what are your other settings, like VTT1, VCCSA, Current Capability, vDIMM, etc?

Without knowing the above, which is mostly trivial stuff and my curiosity, I'd say that you're very much safe for 24/7 use!!! I've been running 1.376v or thereabout, with 1.150-1.180v VTT1/VCCSA, LLC "High", 180% Current Capability, 1.655v vDIMM, etc, for a long time and zero degradation or anything!

Hi,

The memory I am using is the Corsair dominator platinum 2666 Cl11,
VTT : 1.25,
VCCSA : 1.275,
CPU PLL : 1.82
LLC "High,
140% Current Capability
Dimm at 1.65 Volts

Hatross
Level 10
it's approaching high vcore to me if you're not running an offset...

is the processor speed stepping down to 1200mhz and under 1.0v or right there about when it EIST's down?

that's a nice OC btw... this article will work with your uefi too...

http://rog.asus.com/51092012/overclocking/overclocking-using-offset-mode-for-cpu-core-voltage/

I always aim for 1.36v for the high side for some reason, but I in my limited experience would say you're good to go EISTing...
...wide open