cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G75VX-TS72 Very Loud Fan noise!!!!

HikingMoose
Level 7
So I just got a G75VX-TS72 gaming laptop from tiger direct last week. Ever since I first powered up, it makes this unbelievably loud fan noise (I suspect anyway), that sounds like it's about to take off into flight. Is this normal for Asus gaming laptops, or should it be quite? I can post a video I took with my phone which has audio of it. Thanks guys!

Moose
3 REPLIES 3

Clintlgm
Level 14
Well Moose what are your temps running??? if your having high temps your fans are trying to prevent damage to you NB, You can download and install hwinfo64 run the sensors that will show you your temps and fan speeds.
And to answer your question no the fans on these G75 are very quite even under heavy loads. You may want to return this unit before you return to vender time is run out.
G752VY-DH72 Win 10 Pro
512 GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
1 TB Samsung 850 pro 2.5 format
980m GTX 4 GB
32GB DDR 4 Standard RAM

Z97 PRO WiFi I7 4790K
Windows 10 Pro
Z97 -A
Windows 10 Pro

Pitcher1
Level 9
because we have not hear sound, i don;t know what do you mean loud, but if you worry, you can refound or send to service center to check it.

HikingMoose
Level 7
It is very loud. I took it to a movie set, to dump memory cards to while we were filming. I have not installed any programs yet. The laptop will just be sitting there 2 minutes after booting, and will start sounding like a plane taking off. It is so loud that in a quite room, it kind of hurts my ears. It sounds like it is hitting on something. I'll return it, hopefully Tiger Direct is good about returns.