Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    ROG Enthusiast Array

Crosshair IV Formula NB & SB temperatures

Hey,

So my problem is that northbridge and southbridge runs really hot even at totally stock settings i been using now, was kinda expecting it tho as when i inspected board before i putted comp together i saw that atleast sb heatsink is really badly bent and even with bare eye can see that probably wont make that good contact to the chip. Atm nb is sitting at 56 degrees and sb at 49 degrees when only browsing web, in games nb temps goes way over 60c so do you guys think those temps are allready too hot?

Comp is:

Crosshair IV Formula
    Phenom X6 1055T
    Coolink Corator DS
    2x2Gb A-Data 1600+ CL8
    Palit GTX 470 1280Mb
    Seagate 7200.12 1Tb
    Thermaltake Shark + 3x120mm fans
    CoolerMaster Silent Pro M700

Boofus
    I think those temps are no to bad. anything over id say 75-80c i would start to worry. but i do not have a crosshair as much as i would love to have one. but for me my M3A78's north bridge doesn't get Much hotter than 45c idles around 30c-32c so i think your temps are safe. for now if they go anything above as i said 75c-80c i would be a little cautions, maybe getting a 80mm fan to blow onto the north bridge, doesn't have to be high cfm just something small and quite.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Well im sure my temps are still in working range, but then another thing is that temps shouldnt be that high if everything would work as supposed. Top of that you can clearly see in my mobo that heatsink isnt fitted proberly, i think some of the screws is even threaded to wrong threads. Seriously considering to rma this, but problem is that it will suck bigtime to wait replacement as long time when dont have anoher computer

Boofus
    Well you could always take the heat sinks off and reset them and reapply thermal paste before you RMA, do you think you could take a few pictures so i/we can see what it looks like to check if it is normally seated?

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by Boofus View Post
    Well you could always take the heat sinks off and reset them and reapply thermal paste before you RMA, do you think you could take a few pictures so i/we can see what it looks like to check if it is normally seated?
    Well dont have cam now but taked pic of the sb heatsink before i mounted this to case. even that its poor quality pic you can clearly see on that red highligted area that one of the screws is not threaded to the end, tried to screw it more but i think its at wrong threads cause cant tighten nor even loosen it. NB has atleast one screw exatly like that too and its not its obvious when other side of the heatsink is higher than the other.

Boofus
    Hmm, yeah i would say it might need an rma if you cant loosen or tighten it.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Does anyone know is there any way to do get RMA done straight with asus in finland, through asus nordic maybe? Talked on phone with shop i bought this mobo and they said it can take aprox month till i get replacement from them if i decided to send this back. Thats just too long time for me to be completely without pc as i need it pretty much everyday for daily stuff

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by Joni View Post
    Does anyone know is there any way to do get RMA done straight with asus in finland, through asus nordic maybe? Talked on phone with shop i bought this mobo and they said it can take aprox month till i get replacement from them if i decided to send this back. Thats just too long time for me to be completely without pc as i need it pretty much everyday for daily stuff
    Someone?

Boofus
    Well with a bit of digging ive found that the board has north bridge connection issues with the heat sink, so your not alone and no i dont have any idea how to get your rma done faster as i do not live in Finland.

Boofus
    But here is something that might help you.. from a reviewer on WWW.Newegg.com " [FIX]
    OK, I found out how to fix the problem pretty easily if your NB is overheat. Take the heatsink assemply off the board and take a look at the stand off screws. There should be a pair of silver and a pair of brass-ish looking ones. While you are there.. take a look at your thermal pad/gunk.. if your board was like mine then there wont even be an indentation in the stuff. It wasn't touching at all.

Anyway- swap the stand off screws. Yup, that is it! The guy putting together board put the screws in the wrong spot. Take the SB screws and put them where the NB screws go.If all your stand off screws are the same then you are out of luck and will need to rma it or grind down the screws."

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast