cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G75 Random Shutdown then Restart

ReconFirefly
Level 7
OK, I have the same problem as everyone else... RANDOMLY (During Gaming, Youtube, a few minutes after startup, hours of being on, just sitting there) my laptop shuts down, then restarts moments later. Ive checked the event viewer and each time it has happened, (Started in April) about 100 times, its a Kernel-Power 41 (63) and heres what the event viewer tells me. Im running BIOS 223, Did it with winflash 😞 Owned the thing since Launch in may 2012, problems started in Apr '13

- System

- Provider

[ Name] Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power
[ Guid] {331C3B3A-2005-44C2-AC5E-77220C37D6B4}

EventID 41

Version 2

Level 1

Task 63

Opcode 0

Keywords 0x8000000000000002

- TimeCreated

[ SystemTime] 2013-09-29T05:26:03.309603200Z

EventRecordID 278161

Correlation

- Execution

[ ProcessID] 4
[ ThreadID] 8

Channel System

Computer Andy-PC

- Security

[ UserID] S-1-5-18

- EventData

BugcheckCode 0
BugcheckParameter1 0x0
BugcheckParameter2 0x0
BugcheckParameter3 0x0
BugcheckParameter4 0x0
SleepInProgress false
PowerButtonTimestamp 0

Now, if anyone can help me out, andymandok@gmail.com is where you can reach me. Any/all help is appreciated.
2 REPLIES 2

cl-Albert
US Customer Loyalty Agent
Sorry, I'm not much of a software person and not able to make much sense of the Event Viewer log, so we may want to try to get more suggestions for this from others.

Anyway, just wanted to mention you may want to check your CPU and GPU temperatures just to make sure they look okay.

Also, you may want to contact U.S. and Canadian ASUS support here especially if you are still under warranty, but random problems can be tough to catch, so hoping we can find an easy way for the service center to see the problem or make it happen before you get it to them.

If you are out-of-warranty or can try these things safely, you may want to run the system with just 1 stick of memory (in different slots) if you have more, or try a different hard drive if available which will help you check the software if you keep the installation clean as well as the physical hard drive itself.

Good luck!

Well, I went back to the place I bought it from, They're sending it back to Asus. It just restarted itself as I tried to type this the 1st time, so hopefully they can fix it.

Thanks Albert.