Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    ROG Member Array

Thumbs up 7970 Matrix Platinum driver issue or gfx hardware bug?

I have no idea what could have happened. The computer froze while i was listening to music and as it happens it leave that frozen sound thing. Ok i thought well it sometimes happens and rebooted the pc. While booting it will go past windows 7 logo to black screen and nothing happens it also does appear that keyboard gets stuck too as when i try to check caps lock lights they wont react.

So what i did i went in to safe mode and removed the drivers, also installing windows default vga drivers. It works fine up until i do fresh install it goes to the same loop of freezing up after windows logo. I also did a fresh windows re-install for the sake of the test and it went straight in to the same thing. I havent tried beta drivers but i dont think this would change anything. I could try another slot in mobo but dont think it will help in any way.

if anyone of you have any idea let me know.

ROG Guru: Grand Master Array HiVizMan's Avatar

Please list all your hardware.

And confirm you have done a clear CMOS.
    To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

ROG Member Array

any suggestion for a software that i could use to generate the list?

also which way of cmos clearing shall i try? removing battery or factory default settings?

ROG Member Array

Hardware list:

Mobo: MSI P67A-GD65 (MS-7681)
    CPU: i7 2600k
    Ram: 16gb 4x4 Corsair Vengeance

If you need anything else let me know

If you look in the OS event viewer you will get a clear idea of the cause of the fail.

Could you try moving to different slots on the motherboard, it may be the PCIe lane is giving you this hassle.
    To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

ROG Member Array

I have re-installed windows and in event viewer i dont think you will find anything there. I will try another slot, and will report back

Cheers mate.

ROG Member Array

I tried cmos reset also trying different slot i am out of ideas...

RMA the vga

ROG Member Array

do you believe in magic? i do now. I left my pc for 24h without a psu power, just to find out next day gfx card working fine. maybe some transistor got bugged and when discharged went back fine.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast