cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maximus formula 6 and Raidr and crossfire amd7970

Jomsdk
Level 7
Hey All

Just a quick question before i order some new hardware.

Is the 3 items compatible?

Asus Maximus Formula 6
Asus Raidr
2 AMD 7970

I've heard theres no place to put the Asus Raidr is that correct if you run crossfire?
12 REPLIES 12

HiVizMan
Level 40
May I remind you that the new AMD graphic card are about to be released in the next few weeks. If you do not have the VGA's yet I might just hold on.

Now to answer your question.

If you are selecting 3 slot or 2.5 slot VGA's then you are going to struggle to get the RAIDr card in the bottom slot.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

I have the 2 amd 7970 but its the MB and Raidr im worried about?

HiVizMan
Level 40
In that case which two cards do you have?
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

Jomsdk
Level 7
I have the 2 AMD7970 gfx but i want a new motherboard and i like the M6F board and i like the RAIDR cards but im worried its not combatible with the sockets on the the M6F mb.

HiVizMan
Level 40
Yes I know you have two 7970 cards.

Which two.

Two like this.

Or two like this

Or are the cards water cooled?

Wiggilis
Level 7
I have a similar question and have been looking for an answer. I am getting a Maximus VI formula board with a Raidr SSD but im worried it wont fit with two Asus GTX 780's

Graphics card:

HiVizMan
Level 40
If you are going with that air cooler then it will be tight.

This bloke has two cards in system http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?22883-Show-us-Share-your-PCs!&p=323810&viewfull=1#post32381...

Water cooled no worries air cooled....

HiVizMan wrote:
If you are going with that air cooler then it will be tight.

This bloke has two cards in system http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?22883-Show-us-Share-your-PCs!&p=323810&viewfull=1#post32381...

Water cooled no worries air cooled....

thats a rive or extreeme board and not a formula board ( hence 2 rams on each side of CPU )

Wiggilis
Level 7
umm i would do water cooled but i'm unsure of my skills putting it together so i'm worried. I dont want to ruin anything if i mess up. Would it fit even if it was tight though?