Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast
    ROG Member Array

Give me 30 min. I'm reinstalling WIndows 8.1 just to be on the safe side as well. I'm using Corsairs AX1200i and H100i, and their Link system sucks! Going to try not to install Corsairs programs, and see if that too makes a difference. Knew I should've bought real water cooling instead of this crap...

Will try what you suggested as soon as I've got WIndows up and running again.

Regards

Tech Marketing Manager HQ Array Raja@ASUS's Avatar

Okay no problem.

ROG Member Array

hmm...this is very weird. I reinstalled Windows 8.1 just to be safe on my machine:

R4E Black
    i7 4930K
    G Skill F3-17000CL9Q2-32GBZH 32GB 2133MHz DDR3
    AX1200i
    2x ASUS GTX 780ti SLI
    2x Dell u3014
    2x Vertex 2 60GB SSD @ raid0
    USB keyboard + mouse

Those are the only components connected. Has anyone else experienced that Windows is really slow, and that you can't connect to the internet despite a working LAN connection? Something is really strange here. I upgraded yesterday from an R3E with an i7 930 to this with the same components and this rig just sucks. I'm on my 3rd installation now of Windows 8.1...

I've tried drivers from legacy CD that comes with the board, newest drivers from www.asus.com, and nothing works.

Please let me know which drivers you are using to get your system running smooth, thanks?!

Yes, I know it's totally in the wrong forum...

Regards

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by Raja@ASUS View Post
    Do this:

1) Clear CMOS again.

2) Just select XMP (change nothing else).

3) Press F10 to save and exit UEFI.

Let's see if the system POSTs that way.

-Raja
    Ok, up and running again and did what you said. System booted fine and Windows loaded too. However once again I've lost internet connection and Explorer (not IE) is generally slow.

Rebooted, changed back to Auto instead of XMP and Windows was still not responding.

Cleared CMOS again, which basically only changed Auto to Sync All Cores. Windows is still unresponsive.

Suggestions please?

/A

This sounds like it has nothing to do with overclocking and is more to do with your Windows installation or something else. I would not concern yourself with overclocking and sort out why you LAN is not working properly - look at modem ISP and whatever else you need to.

ROG Member Array

Well I'm not so sure. I have several other computers/phones hooked up to my network, and everything is working fine on them.

The problem started when moving over to LGA2011 yesterday. I have now removed 6 of the 8 sticks of memory, cleared CMOS again and now everything is working fine. The memory sticks were very hot, almost too hot to touch. Never had that problem with my 1366 rig and Dominator RAM. Is this normal?

But of course, no overclocking until a stable rig.

ROG Member Array

No we're getting somewhere. Only two sticks of memory in computer. XMP works fine.
    Moving to next phase

Just take it one step at a time.

ROG Member Array

No we're getting somewhere. Only two sticks of memory in computer. XMP works fine.
    Moving to next phase

Maybe start a new thread for this, as its over and beyond what this thread is for.

Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast