Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
    ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by Raja@ASUS View Post
    That's taken from Intel white papers - you'll need to surf the Intel site and check. Bear in mind any shown maximums relate to stock operating frequency only - as the max voltage Intel stipulates is based on power consumption. A lot of people don't realize that - the white papers are written for the technically qualified, and are often misconstrued by the unwitting.

-Raja
    Tx Raja - ...I have all the relevant white papers now (close to 1000 pages combined / pdf ), and I get your point about stock voltages for white papers (am in the business for decades)....for me, VCCSA is one of the most critical parameters and in the white papers, I found two 'max VCCSA'...1.25v and 1.4v...which is why I asked in this thread.

Obviously, it also comes down to the amount and speed of RAM, 64GB of 2666 RAM is a different animal than 16 GB of DDR3 1866. Still, I generally get nervous with VCCSA over 1.2v...finally, what I cannot (not yet?) find in the white papers was that aforementioned .3v to .4v 'delta' to vCore (and related, .6v delta to DRAM)...that apparently came from an Intel engineer when discussing SB-E at a conference...I'll keep my eyes / ears open for similar info @ Ivy-E, and if you find a reliable (Intel) source, please post - Thanks again for your responses / help

Tech Marketing Manager HQ Array Raja@ASUS's Avatar

That kind of info will never be in the white papers as the white papers do not stipulate anything in regard to overclocking (other than it not being covered). If any DC deltas exist, they would be part of stock spec and margins - so you can see why Intel does not need to put them into a white paper that deals only with stock parameters.

New ROGer Array

Hello guys sorry for the bother but I need help on my first computer build I can run a torch test from prime and it does ok
    but when you first run prime whatever that test is it always says that there is possable hardware problems it don't matter
    if it is overclocked or not still says that any help you could provide I would be very thankful

setup:
    CPU I7 4820K
    sabertoothX79
    geforce gtx760 VGC
    corsair memory cmz16gx3m2a2400c10 X2 32GB TOTALL( HAVE REMOVE 16 AS THEY ARE DIFFERANT VERSION)
    ASUS BW-12B1ST
    GEMIN II S524 CPU COOLER
    USING ALL CASE FANS & CPU OPT FAN
    2 SCANDISK 64GB SSD
    WDBSLA0020HNC-NRSN HARD DRIVE
    CORSAIR 750WATT MXPS

Make sure you are using the right version of Prime95. Load XMP for memory kit - don't use more than one kit together (whether different or same).

New ROGer Array

Make sure you are using the right version of Prime95. Load XMP for memory kit - don't use more than one kit together (whether different or same).
    Thanks Raja,but how do i know the right version

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by tfulcher View Post
    Thanks Raja,but how do i know the right version
    I take it you mean version for your OS
    What can you tell me about how or when to use the CPU strap
    I have both my SSD's wired to the SSD caching on the MB would that give me a hardware error

Check the Mersenne site for the latest version of Prime. If it still fails try other stress tests as well, and try removing DRAM modules etc to see where the issue lies. Not easy for me to diagnose a needle in a haystack from a distance. You need to be methodical in your testing...

New ROGer Array

Check the Mersenne site for the latest version of Prime. If it still fails try other stress tests as well, and try removing DRAM modules etc to see where the issue lies. Not easy for me to diagnose a needle in a haystack from a distance. You need to be methodical in your testing...
    Thanjks again for ur help,but it seems that when i select xmp that prime test can't get past a couple of seconds
    and im only trying to reach a 4700mhz overclock,seem it is more stable at OC when i leave memory on auto
    an set Multi. manually

"Only 4700": Not many CPUs will pass Prime at 4.7GHz in my experience. Enabling XMP is increasing the memory frequency which makes it even harder to pass.

Forget about the overclocking while you work out why the memory can't even run XMP at stock CPU frequency. Once you've corrected that, then focus on a realistic OC of the CPU.

Check each module in turn and see if they all work properly and that all slots work okay. Once that is done you can move on to making DRAM timing adjustments.

ROG Enthusiast Array ExcessiveGBH's Avatar

The DRAM will work, but might not be fully stable without some tweaking, or you might have to run it a bit slower. I would try that first before you purchase new memory.
    Hi Rjaj

Have now installed 4960X....

I have a stable OC of 4.6, with 4.7 I'm getting the cold boot BSOD issue 0x124. It usually does it at the log into Widows screen or somtimes make it to desktop, then about 40 seconds latter. So I just power down clear CMOS put 4.7 OC profile back and is good to go. Tried setting Ram to 1600 made no difference. I did try BIOS 4502 but could even post with 4.7.
    Is there any setting I can try to get over the hurdle or am I at the limitations of the CPU?

Would the next BIOS update when it comes out be more stable?

Or another option, would the Black Edition be more stable?
    Last edited by ExcessiveGBH; 12-06-2013 at 05:21 AM.
    Win 10 64 bit Pro 1903
    Rampage VI Extreme
    BIOS 1902
    I9-7900X @4.7GHz all cores
    EK-KIT G360 (CPU only)
    Samsung 960 PRO NVMe M.2 1TB
    Samsung 970 EVO PLUS NVMe 2TB
    3 x 4TB drives
    1 x 2TB drive
    Nvidia 2 x Sli Titans Pascal @2035Mhz
    32GB G Skill Trident Z 3466MHz
    Corsair 1200w psu