Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast
    Tech Marketing Manager HQ Array Raja@ASUS's Avatar

Might need to adjust Vcore and VCCSA. Cold BOOT can be trickier to pass fully; because the training routines are longer, they uncover the instability of your CPU at these clocks. If the voltages don't help, then try reducing DRAM speed. Also manually enable Internal PLL OV if your board has the option.

Given the performance difference between 4.6GHz and 4.7GHz is minuscule in real world applications, I would not recommend you upgrade your board for it. I may work in marketing, but that does not mean I have a sell under all scenarios mentality

-Raja

ROG Enthusiast Array ExcessiveGBH's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Raja@ASUS View Post
    Might need to adjust Vcore and VCCSA. Cold BOOT can be trickier to pass fully; because the training routines are longer, they uncover the instability of your CPU at these clocks. If the voltages don't help, then try reducing DRAM speed. Also manually enable Internal PLL OV if your board has the option.

Given the performance difference between 4.6GHz and 4.7GHz is minuscule in real world applications, I would not recommend you upgrade your board for it. I may work in marketing, but that does not mean I have a sell under all scenarios mentality

-Raja
    Thanks Raja

Have tried those settings but it did not want to come to the party.

I now have installed this ram kit [RipjawsZ] F3-2666C11Q-16GZHD. Using the XMP profile with the 125 strap.
    CPU OC @4.625 GHz
    A CPU voltage setting of 1.33 stable and does not BSOD on cold boot. CPUz reports 1.34-1.35 for CPU voltage
    Idle temp 26-27C. Maximum temp benching 63C on one core, all others 60-58C with Real Bench but with Itel burn test temps are spiking to 73C. Gaming 38-45C.
    Are the idle temps ok, use to having an off set voltage but l know you can't use offset with the 125 strap.
    I have more performance in games at this over clock than the 4.7 OC that I was testing, 4-6 FPS, thought it would be the same or less.
    I have not touched Digi power settings except for CPU VTT and PCH switching frequency to 1.3. All other settings are default.
    Should I be changing any other settings in Digi Power Control or does that affect the XMP profile?
    I read somewhere the CPU load-line calibration on auto is using Ultra high. Should I set it to Medium for example?
    Is using the 125 strap method shortening the life of the CPU as there is no offset available?
    Last edited by ExcessiveGBH; 12-08-2013 at 02:09 AM.
    Win 10 64 bit Pro 1903
    Rampage VI Extreme
    BIOS 1902
    I9-7900X @4.7GHz all cores
    EK-KIT G360 (CPU only)
    Samsung 960 PRO NVMe M.2 1TB
    Samsung 970 EVO PLUS NVMe 2TB
    3 x 4TB drives
    1 x 2TB drive
    Nvidia 2 x Sli Titans Pascal @2035Mhz
    32GB G Skill Trident Z 3466MHz
    Corsair 1200w psu
    Sound Denon AVC-A1
    Panasonic 65 plasma
    Predator XB321HK

ROG Guru: Green Belt Array grassy PC Specs
    grassy PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)ASUS
    MotherboardRAMPAGE 4 BLACK/RIG 2 RAMPAGE FORMULA
    Processor3960X/ RIG 2 4820k
    Graphics Card #1ASUS GTX 980 TI STRIX OC
    Graphics Card #2RIG 2 GTX 690 SLI
    Graphics Card #3RIG 2 GTX 690 SLI
    Sound CardAUZENTECH 7.1 XFI DTSMA
    MonitorDELL U3011/RIG 2 VIEWSONIC MONITOR
    Storage #1480GIG/360GIG/250GIG SSD
    Storage #2RIG 2 180GIG SSD
    CPU CoolerHEATKILLER PRO WATERBLOCK/RIG 2 CORSAIR H105
    CaseIN-WIN 909/1 COOLERMASTER WHITE STRYKER CASES/IN-WIN 909
    Power SupplyCORSAIR AX1200/ RIG 2 CORSAIR HX750
    Keyboard 2 G19'S
    Mouse 2 G9 LASER
    Mouse Pad RIG 2 STRYK X
    Headset/Speakers RIG 2 TWO B&W COMPUTER SPEAKERS
    OS WIN 10 HOME/RIG 2 WIN 7 PRO

Hey Raja i would like to get an oc profile going and have included my components in my signature with the ram concerning me mostly, As in the qvl, it shows a 2x8 gig kit for my m/b being the corsair CMD16GX3M2A2133C9. The ram i have is a 4x4gig kit of the same ram, but it is still only 1 kit. My computer is running fine with this kit however when i loaded the "normal OC profile" in my bios and ran realbench it crashed.My ram is corsair CMD16GX3M4A2133C9 a 4X4 kit. When i loaded the bios oc profile for gamers 24/7 use, i noticed the xmp was not enabled instead it was automatically set to manual.I thought that might have been the issue.
    FAME IS A MASK THAT EATS INTO THE FACE

Quote Originally Posted by ExcessiveGBH View Post
    Thanks Raja

Have tried those settings but it did not want to come to the party.

I now have installed this ram kit [RipjawsZ] F3-2666C11Q-16GZHD. Using the XMP profile with the 125 strap.
    CPU OC @4.625 GHz
    A CPU voltage setting of 1.33 stable and does not BSOD on cold boot. CPUz reports 1.34-1.35 for CPU voltage
    Idle temp 26-27C. Maximum temp benching 63C on one core, all others 60-58C with Real Bench but with Itel burn test temps are spiking to 73C. Gaming 38-45C.
    Are the idle temps ok, use to having an off set voltage but l know you can't use offset with the 125 strap.
    I have more performance in games at this over clock than the 4.7 OC that I was testing, 4-6 FPS, thought it would be the same or less.
    I have not touched Digi power settings except for CPU VTT and PCH switching frequency to 1.3. All other settings are default.
    Should I be changing any other settings in Digi Power Control or does that affect the XMP profile?
    I read somewhere the CPU load-line calibration on auto is using Ultra high. Should I set it to Medium for example?
    Is using the 125 strap method shortening the life of the CPU as there is no offset available?
    1) You may reduce CPU LLC if you wish. If you do so, you will need to compensate VCore accordingly.

2) You can leave the rest of the DIGI+ settings alone.

3) Doubt there is much longevity saving to be had between offset and static VID. You lose out on a bit of power saving.

Quote Originally Posted by grassy View Post
    Hey Raja i would like to get an oc profile going and have included my components in my signature with the ram concerning me mostly, As in the qvl, it shows a 2x8 gig kit for my m/b being the corsair CMD16GX3M2A2133C9. The ram i have is a 4x4gig kit of the same ram, but it is still only 1 kit. My computer is running fine with this kit however when i loaded the "normal OC profile" in my bios and ran realbench it crashed.My ram is corsair CMD16GX3M4A2133C9 a 4X4 kit. When i loaded the bios oc profile for gamers 24/7 use, i noticed the xmp was not enabled instead it was automatically set to manual.I thought that might have been the issue.

I don't think this will be changed. If XMP is forced with the profile - there's the risk that CPUs that are not stable beyond a given frequency with certain kits will be unstable as well.

Best bet is to manually adjust if you need to I think.

ROG Guru: Green Belt Array grassy PC Specs
    grassy PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)ASUS
    MotherboardRAMPAGE 4 BLACK/RIG 2 RAMPAGE FORMULA
    Processor3960X/ RIG 2 4820k
    Graphics Card #1ASUS GTX 980 TI STRIX OC
    Graphics Card #2RIG 2 GTX 690 SLI
    Graphics Card #3RIG 2 GTX 690 SLI
    Sound CardAUZENTECH 7.1 XFI DTSMA
    MonitorDELL U3011/RIG 2 VIEWSONIC MONITOR
    Storage #1480GIG/360GIG/250GIG SSD
    Storage #2RIG 2 180GIG SSD
    CPU CoolerHEATKILLER PRO WATERBLOCK/RIG 2 CORSAIR H105
    CaseIN-WIN 909/1 COOLERMASTER WHITE STRYKER CASES/IN-WIN 909
    Power SupplyCORSAIR AX1200/ RIG 2 CORSAIR HX750
    Keyboard 2 G19'S
    Mouse 2 G9 LASER
    Mouse Pad RIG 2 STRYK X
    Headset/Speakers RIG 2 TWO B&W COMPUTER SPEAKERS
    OS WIN 10 HOME/RIG 2 WIN 7 PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Raja@ASUS View Post
    I don't think this will be changed. If XMP is forced with the profile - there's the risk that CPUs that are not stable beyond a given frequency with certain kits will be unstable as well.

Best bet is to manually adjust if you need to I think.
    Thanks
    FAME IS A MASK THAT EATS INTO THE FACE

ROG Guru: White Belt Array

Hello to all - If someone can help - please - Running Rampage Black edition with 4960x in default settings - and cant run memory more than 1333 - Any stress tests reset a system or I getting a BSOD - memory management . - have a kit 2x4 gb corsair vengeance lp.. stock frequency 2133. And get one more issue - when I do a stress test like a Lynx or prime95 - when I get Bsod or just rebot the system - sometimes I get a bios error - Not detecting keyboard - once I get a cpu fan error. Also I trye'd to run with one slot of ram - and see that's 1 module of memory run worse than another, but even I run a one module I have tha errors on standard windows memory checker, if I go higher than 1333 - maybe I need exchange the mobo and hands down ?
    Last edited by Deceiver; 12-23-2013 at 05:20 AM.

ROG Member Array

hi everyone just joined forum.

ok my new system is as follows,

i7 4930k rampage iv black edition

TeamGroup Xtreem LV 16GB (4x4GB) DDR3 PC3-20800C10 2600MHz

crossfire r9 290x watercooled

ax 1200w 1x360 rad 2x240 rad 1x120 rad /twin d5 res.

cosmos 2 ultra 2x256 samsung pro/raid 0 2t hdd 240ssd

i am a hardcore gamer primarily and im looking to overclock my home built rig i have the knowledge to build a pc but as for oc im in the dark
    could i please have some idiots guide to start me off, lol

thanks in advance

First of all, click on page 1 of this very thread and read it as many times as you need to for it to sink in. Then move on to the thread below. The reason you need to read the post above first is because the former has tips on voltage guidelines for Ivy-E. Please take the time to read it, ask questions, then you can move on to the "method" given below:http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread...untry=&status=

ROG Member Array

thanks raga for your prompt assistance i will study this for a few days and then experiment and return with some results.

thankyou.

Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast