Did you mean: 

BF4 Beta

meankeys
Level 13
Anyone get a chance to play yet?
39 REPLIES 39

kkn
Level 14
its good, havent you pre ordered it yet??

Yeah like 2 months ago. Bummer I have to set everything up again. Looks like I wont get much playing time in tonight 😞

abvolt
Level 11
I've been playing it today the game looks awesome the only problem I had was lag very bad lag the ping was only 34 so dont know why I'll check it out later tonite hopeful no lag. I did not pre order until I try this game. I do love the series.
Current: MSI Xpower Gaming Titanium | 7700K | G Skill Ripjaws V 3000 16Gb | 960 EVO 500Gb | Intel 730 480Gb | Seasonic 1000 Platinum |
NZXT X62 | Acer XB270HU | EVGA 1080 ti FTW3

Secondary: R4BE | 4930K | G.SKILL 2400 16GB | Corsair AX 1500i
Intel 730 240GB + 480GB | EVGA GTX780 ti sli kpe | Custom H20

abvolt wrote:
I've been playing it today the game looks awesome the only problem I had was lag very bad lag the ping was only 34 so dont know why I'll check it out later tonite hopeful no lag. I did not pre order until I try this game. I do love the series.

There is a beta driver released for Nvidia which solves the lag issue's and makes the game a darn sight more playable http://www.geforce.com/whats-new/articles/nvidia-geforce-331-40-beta-drivers-released
Before updating the game was totally unplayable for me and everyone else i know running an Nvidia card.

The game itself is a massive improvement over BF3, Menu's, spawn system and sound all much better. Infact its looking like the game BF3 should have been.
It should be very good unless the balls it up somehow.

Latency_Remix
Level 7
Was just playing it, was getting crazy bad fps, only getting 20-30 with a Titan. All soft core server's so there's no fun in that.

Peregrine
Level 9
So Squad VOIP on PC? Yes?
I'm not preordering.
And I don't know HWO you can say the sound SUCKED in BF3. /Disagree....
Asus Z170X + Asus GeFroce GTX Turbo 1070 +... all kinds of Asus goodies. #Fanboi

abvolt
Level 11
I agree it is a big improvement over BF3 and thanks (ganji) for telling us about the beta drivers I'll give that a try.
Current: MSI Xpower Gaming Titanium | 7700K | G Skill Ripjaws V 3000 16Gb | 960 EVO 500Gb | Intel 730 480Gb | Seasonic 1000 Platinum |
NZXT X62 | Acer XB270HU | EVGA 1080 ti FTW3

Secondary: R4BE | 4930K | G.SKILL 2400 16GB | Corsair AX 1500i
Intel 730 240GB + 480GB | EVGA GTX780 ti sli kpe | Custom H20

abvolt wrote:
I agree it is a big improvement over BF3 and thanks (ganji) for telling us about the beta drivers I'll give that a try.

You're welcome mate.
+1 for the sound in BF3 being really nice but it's been improved a lot in 4, Everything sounds more beefy and the sound of the RPG's firing is wicked.
EA did a server restart lastnight which turned most of the servers into a lag fest eventhough i had a ping of 12, We ended up switching froma Uk server to a Canadian one with a ping of 103 but got a lot smoother gameplay..

Yeah, I tried, but I got this error message:

I own a G75VW so I talked to ASUS support and they said it's not advised to use the NVIDIA.com driver, but ASUS's is only v311 (way behind Nvidia's updates).

I really hope ASUS gets the new drivers released.