Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    ROG Guru: Grand Master Array HiVizMan's Avatar

Download a Win7 ISO from Microsoft, it is fully legal to do so for purposes of installing Win8. Simply log in to your Microsoft account and download a copy.

Make sure you download the same version as you Win8 by the way.

Then follow the instructions in the RAIDR sticky for set up and OS install.
    To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

ROG Member Array

Thanks HiViz, I downloaded Windows 7 on to DVD. For some reason I can't get anything working now! I followed the Raidr Sticky again, and installing windows 7 then I get a error on the partition part. Setup was unable to create a new partition or locate an existing,,,I'm lost at this point. here's a pic,, Click image for larger version. 

Name:	get-attachment.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	391.0 KB 
ID:	27873

You need to have set up your RAID before you get to that point.

It is in the RAIDR guide
    To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

ROG Member Array

I still can't get the raid setup following sticky, got it working before. After erasing and formatting raidr I'm having problems. So just using the Legecy mode for now till more info comes out on and easier way to build the raid array.

How are you setting up your initial raid are you in legacy mode? Once you set it up then you boot in uefi mode

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by HiVizMan View Post
    How are you setting up your initial raid are you in legacy mode? Once you set it up then you boot in uefi mode
    I'm in Legacy mode, using Windows8 everything running clean! My problem is I can't remember how I set up raid. I remember using Intel Matrix Storage. Then going back to Uefi with PC off booting from cd installing Windows from start , and its not finding the partition, right now.. I'm becoming totally lost at this point!..

That would be correct. Once you have set up raid in legacy mode, you then switch to UEFI and just install. The RAID will not be picked up in bios due to being on PCIe and not on the sata ports.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3