Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    New ROGer Array

Are there specific types of ssds I should be looking for to replace the hdd, or will any ssd fit into the slot?

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array

any 2.5 SSD will fit
    Laptop : ASUS G750JW : i7 4700HQ - 16Gb - 2Tb HDD - GTX 765M OC (+135/500) - Full HD Matte - Win 8.1
    Retiered : Toshiba L670 i5 560M/8Gb Corsair/1TB/HD5650 1Gb @ 625/800 /WD 1Tb USB3/Win7

New ROGer Array

Awesome. Thanks for the response, I know that question has probably been asked and answered a dozen times but right now my phone is the only access to the internet that I have and searching through a sea of webpages is a pain.

ROG Member Array

Hi,
    i have bought the following laptop: http://www.fnac.pt/Asus-ROG-G750JH-T...rtatil/a734809

somebodu know how do i claim the watch dogs game and/ or the assasins cred game?

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by hmscott View Post
    Why would someone want to spend big $ on a great new cutting edge laptop, and then load an operating system from July 22 2009 instead of one from October 18 2013?

Installing a 4.25 year old Operating System somehow sounds like a good idea?
    I for one don't like my computer looking like a tablet but the biggest reason is the obtrusive user account and forcing me to supply a password and email to log into MY computer.

ROG Enthusiast Array Kelusion PC Specs
    Kelusion PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)Asus ROG G750JZ
    MotherboardASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. G750JZA
    ProcessorIntel® Core™ i7 2.5GHZ - 3.5GHZ 4710HQ Processor
    Memory (part number)Samsung M471B1G73QH0-YK0 - 32GB DDR3L SDRAM
    Graphics Card #1NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX880M 4GB GDDR5 VRAM (Auto-Overclocked)
    Sound CardRealtek High Definition Audio
    MonitorSasmung 55' Smart U9000, Samsung Syncmaster S24B300
    Storage #1512GB SSD
    Storage #21.5 TB HDD 7200 RPM
    CPU CoolerStock
    CaseStock
    Power SupplyStock
    Keyboard Corsair RGB K70 (2014)
    Mouse Logitech G502 Proteus Core Gaming Mouse
    Headset Beats Studio Pro
    OS Windows 8.1 Pro - 64Bit
    Network RouterCisco

Quote Originally Posted by Greatwhitewing View Post
    I for one don't like my computer looking like a tablet but the biggest reason is the obtrusive user account and forcing me to supply a password and email to log into MY computer.
    You can install Windows 8.1, with a normal account, with a local admin account, with a MS Account, any way you like - it's not forced by default in anyway. You can have the shell tool to make it look like Win 7 as well with the start menu and the start button as how Win 7 was, if you see fit.

Completely agree with hmscott's statement there though !
    Where to find latest Asus Rog G750/751 drivers?

Please use search in the forums, there might be alot of threads which have similar answers to what you are looking for!

ROG Guru: Green Belt Array Maxter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Greatwhitewing View Post
    You don't really need an MS account. During install, in small letters, you can click on the non-Microsoft account option.
    I installed Classic Shell on Win 8 to give the Win 7 feel (it's a solid program - I can access metro if I want as well = once a week maybe)

New ROGer Array

Guys,

Bought same model from XOTICPC. After one week, laptop would not boot. Back to XOTICPC.com and then to ASUS to replace motherboard.:ASUS makes own motherboards. After 5 weeks received it back. Within two weeks, battery would not charge: Even new would not charge past 87%. Sent back to XOTIC PC to ASUS to have battery and power block replaced. Was told I needed an UPS. Got an APC Back-UPS 550G as recommended by both APC and XoticPC. Have had laptop for 2 weeks now and battery charges to 100% within 10 minutes or so. Very happy now after 5 months of problems. Love the backlight keyboard.

ROG Member Array

Hi people!

I plan to get a G750JM (maybe JS if I hear that's better from stability point of view). My problem is that all over this forum people seem to buy their machines with Win8 preinstalled. In my country it comes with FreeDOS. It's cheaper, but I need to buy Win8 anyway ... On the other hand I will not worry about restore partitions as there will be none.

QUESTION:
    If I am to install everything myself (I understand it's doable), including Win8 OS, is it a better bet to get the JS rather than JM? This is in reference to the BSODs, USB3, sound, LCD luminosity, etc. From what I read I feel the JS is more stable, but I'm not sure I want to pay more on a hunch.

Also if there's any other reason (temperatures!?) to choose one instead of the other, I'e be grateful for advice.

Thank you!

Cheers!

ROG Guru: Green Belt Array Maxter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Xternal View Post
    Hi people!

I plan to get a G750JM (maybe JS if I hear that's better from stability point of view). My problem is that all over this forum people seem to buy their machines with Win8 preinstalled. In my country it comes with FreeDOS. It's cheaper, but I need to buy Win8 anyway ... On the other hand I will not worry about restore partitions as there will be none.

QUESTION:
    If I am to install everything myself (I understand it's doable), including Win8 OS, is it a better bet to get the JS rather than JM? This is in reference to the BSODs, USB3, sound, LCD luminosity, etc. From what I read I feel the JS is more stable, but I'm not sure I want to pay more on a hunch.

Also if there's any other reason (temperatures!?) to choose one instead of the other, I'e be grateful for advice.

Thank you!

Cheers!
    Win 8 comes with compatible drivers. You should be able to boot up fine. After that, go online and update drivers for:
    support.asus.com
    0) check bios is up to date
    1) Wireless card
    2) Ethernet card
    3) SD card reader
    4) Bluetooth card
    5) touchpad
    6) sound card
    www.geforce.com
    5) nVIDIA GPU card

Chose whatever fits you. Don't worry about temps. These computers are well built and all temps are way below burning.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast