New ROGer Array

X48T-DQ6 Gigabyte / Swinging....

Took a leap of faith and it paid off in spades.....

The process. Installed the card and driver and rebooted. Installed the ROG Raid driver and logged in to verify drive, it was already raided and ready. Formatted the partition via Win 7 (64bit) OS as an NTFS. Used Acronis True Image to clone the (paltry 80 GB) partition to the new 224GB and shutdown after completion. Unplugged the the old SSD and changed the boot priority in the bios.

Boot to OS and it's been Rock-in-Roll since.

Crystalmark benches it to around 650 Read and 450 write, however from the website it appears the app will not be updated for at least a month; consequently a bug in the software.

Nice product and I tip my hat to those that figured out how to bypass the chipset. I got to laugh cuz this thing kicks the Raptor Drive in the shins and rides on. It wasn't cheap, but I can use it again in my next upgrade. Maybe even Raid two and call it a day. I do still have to verify if it dropped my graphics card down from 16 to 8 express lanes, however on this board it's unlikely.

By the way I could not register the hardware on the website cuz it wasn't available in the drop-down.

I had to sell my shoes to buy it, however It was worth it. Ya I could have bought another motherboard with greater options, but those options would have set me back another grand.

Sincerely stoked, good job fellas......

Ark........

ROG Guru: Grand Master Array HiVizMan's Avatar

Cheers for the post my friend. Nice to hear you are one happy bunny.
    To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

Helium Chilled Array _ PC Specs
    _ PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)G46VW
    MotherboardRampage IV Gene
    ProcessorIntel Core i7-3930K
    Memory (part number)Corsair Dominator Platinum 32GB (CMD32GX3M4A2133C9)
    Graphics Card #1ROG Matrix GTX 780 Ti
    Sound CardROG SupremeFX III
    MonitorASUS VG248QE with GSync mod
    Storage #1Plextor PX-M2 SSD 120GB
    Storage #2G.Skill Phoenix Blade 480GB PCIe SSD
    CPU CoolerCooler Master Seidon 240M
    CaseCooler Master HAF-X
    Power SupplySeasonic X-750
    Keyboard Corsair K90
    Mouse ROG Gladius
    Headset ROG Orion
    OS Windows 8.1 Update 1
    Network RouterASUS RT-AC66U

X48 shouldn't have dropped your PCI-E lanes as it has 32x total. Should be able to provide 16x to graphics and ~4x to RAIDR.