cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

X48T-DQ6 Gigabyte / Swinging....

Arkangel1028
Level 7
Took a leap of faith and it paid off in spades.....

The process. Installed the card and driver and rebooted. Installed the ROG Raid driver and logged in to verify drive, it was already raided and ready. Formatted the partition via Win 7 (64bit) OS as an NTFS. Used Acronis True Image to clone the (paltry 80 GB) partition to the new 224GB and shutdown after completion. Unplugged the the old SSD and changed the boot priority in the bios.

Boot to OS and it's been Rock-in-Roll since.

Crystalmark benches it to around 650 Read and 450 write, however from the website it appears the app will not be updated for at least a month; consequently a bug in the software.

Nice product and I tip my hat to those that figured out how to bypass the chipset. I got to laugh cuz this thing kicks the Raptor Drive in the shins and rides on. It wasn't cheap, but I can use it again in my next upgrade. Maybe even Raid two and call it a day. I do still have to verify if it dropped my graphics card down from 16 to 8 express lanes, however on this board it's unlikely.

By the way I could not register the hardware on the website cuz it wasn't available in the drop-down.

I had to sell my shoes to buy it, however It was worth it. Ya I could have bought another motherboard with greater options, but those options would have set me back another grand.

Sincerely stoked, good job fellas......

Ark........
2 REPLIES 2

HiVizMan
Level 40
Cheers for the post my friend. Nice to hear you are one happy bunny.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

X-ROG
Level 15
X48 shouldn't have dropped your PCI-E lanes as it has 32x total. Should be able to provide 16x to graphics and ~4x to RAIDR.