Page 14 of 21 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast

Thread: ROG United

ROG Guru: Brown Belt Array nikosa43's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Menthol View Post
    it's very heavy loaded and cluttered, needs lots of time to get in diet. Also seems very sensitive to corruption. Every time I get one, it reminds me of Menthol That may be the first time I've been called fat and corrupted, wish I could deny at least one of those but sometimes the truth hurts
    Hahaha, Menthol you killed me . And not only that, but this came after I installed win 8.1and seen the "beautiful"desktops. Those tacky things reminded me of you, too

Vizman, is it possible the exact same OC profile to work with Winxp and not with 7 or 8? Or it's some BIOS corruption that happened in between and give a false impression. If it's the second I have to load the winxp image and see if now appears to winxp too.

ROG Guru: Grand Master Array HiVizMan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by meankeys View Post
    Thanks for the info Nik. That will save me some time tonight. I will concentrate on win 7 and the single and dual channel thing Viz mentioned.

Little help. I got messed up on the timing of submissions. When are the 3rd week subs do by? Bonus bench by Friday right. ty
    The date and time of bonus bench is on the front page.

Quote Originally Posted by nikosa43 View Post
    Good luck with the sticks. I wish I had a more clear view about all OSes, so having my best results I could experiment with single and dual channel. If I do it now it's like shooting around without reference. If I could have all Op systems to same status and stable and test all tweaks. That's a job for a pro or a very lucky one
    I think I have said this before but on average for every one hour of actual benching there has been 18 hours of testing done. It is very very time consuming but if you want the results then you have to do it.

chrsplmr,
    don't know about all that, but blessed with friends on these forums, absolutely
    Amen to that.

Quote Originally Posted by nikosa43 View Post
    Vizman, is it possible the exact same OC profile to work with Winxp and not with 7 or 8? Or it's some BIOS corruption that happened in between and give a false impression. If it's the second I have to load the winxp image and see if now appears to winxp too.
    XP is more demanding to OC into than any other OS. If you are having issues with 7 or 8 you have changed the SATA mode for XP OC profile and forgotten to change to ACHI for Win7 and 8.
    To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

Then is a BIOS corruption. My OC profile is the same. I don't change SATA mode. WinXP is installed in SSD with AHCI drivers installed for winXP. Each operating system is installed on the same SSD using it's own drivers for SATA in AHCI mode. I leave BIOS settings the same. I just switch images with Acronis.

ROG Guru: Grand Master Array HiVizMan's Avatar

Yes that is very possible if you have been on the edge of memory clocking - it is easy to loose the bios
    To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

Verified. It's the OS (win 7 and win8), giving me the headache. I load the winxp image, have no problem to run BCLKs up to 107. With the others is impossible. I have to search more about.

PiFast : 15.05

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PiFast 15 05.JPG 
Views:	6 
Size:	552.4 KB 
ID:	28448

I don't believe I can brake the 15 sec barrier.

ROG Guru: Brown Belt Array meankeys PC Specs
    meankeys PC Specs
    MotherboardRampage VI Apex / Maximus IX APEX / Rampage V EX V10
    Processor7920X / 5960X / 6950X / 7700K
    Memory (part number)G.Skill Trident Z - 16GB
    Graphics Card #1Zotac 1080 Ti
    Graphics Card #2Zotac 1080 Ti
    Graphics Card #3ASUS STRIX GTX 1080 OC
    Monitor3 X ASUS V248Q
    Storage #1Samsung 950 Pro
    CPU CoolerCool Express SS
    Power SupplyThermaltake Tough Power Grand 1200W
    Keyboard Cyberus
    Headset Tittan
    OS Win 7 64bit
    Network RouterASUS

My 15.08 was win 7. I did not try my xp setup.

Very nice score Nik - I too will have trouble braking 15.00

Quote Originally Posted by meankeys View Post
    My 15.08 was win 7. I did not try my xp setup.Very nice score Nik - I too will have trouble braking 15.00
    You should try Winxp Mkeys. At least I have positively discover that can work with sPi, to more aggressive mem clocks without errors. Look at my timmings for mem. At those settings in 7 and 8 I get the errors as soon as I hit run

SuperPi (4M) Update : 38.687

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pi 38 687 core 7.JPG 
Views:	2 
Size:	569.8 KB 
ID:	28579

AntiMatter Guru ROG Array chrsplmr's Avatar

chrsplmr,
    don't know about all that, but blessed with friends on these forums, absolutely
    As 'we' All are. A wonderful thing. Well said bro.c.

Page 14 of 21 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast