cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maximus HERO HDD/SSD problem

ArunKumar
Level 7
Hello ROG members,
Firstly,let me tell you that this is the first time i have built a desktop system and i choose an ROG motherboard(good reviews about it every where 🙂 ).
I was absolutely thrilled when i set up my rig and the Republic of Gamers flashed on my TV !!!

But i am getting a slight problem now,I have not yet installed an operating system.Wanted to clear a few things before i proceed.

Here are my system specs :

CPU: Intel 3.4 GHz LGA1150 4670K i5
Motherboard: Maximus V1 Hero
RAM : Corsair Vengeance DDR3 8 GB @1333 MHz
HDD: WD Blue WD10EZEX 1 TB Internal HDD
SSD: Samsung 840 Series 120 GB
CD/DVD-Drive: HP DVD1260i-UH07D DVD Burner
PSU : iBall Marathon 500w

Firstly,the 7-segment display on the motherboard displays "AE".(Legacy Boot Event).I have no idea what that means!!.If some body could explain it to me that would be great.

Secondly,When i enter the bios,in the BOOT tab,where i can choose the booting priority I do not see my samsung SSD in the drive options.I only see the 1 TB HDD.
I removed the HDD SATA connections and only left the SDD SATA connections plugged in,now i see the SSD as one of the booting options in the bios.But when i connect both the SSD and HDD,the SSD does not appear as a boot option.What could be the issue here??

Thirdly,
I am using my TV(Sony Bravia as a monitor) via the HDMI port.Would i experience any kind of lag(video and audio) when gaming compared to a regular VGA port?
Motherboard: Asus Maximus V1 Hero Motherboard
CPU: Intel 3.4 GHz LGA1150 4670K
RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR3 4 GB x 2
HDD: WD Blue WD10EZEX 1 TB Internal Hard Drive x 2
SDD: Samsung 840 Series 120 GB SSD Internal Hard Drive
PSU: Corsair TX 750
CASE: Cooler Master Enforcer Mid Tower Cabinet
CD/DVD drive:HP DVD1260i-UH07D DVD Burner Internal Optical Drive
Keyboard and mouse: Razer blackwidow 2013 & Razer deathadder 2013
4 REPLIES 4

HiVizMan
Level 40
AE the system has handed over to AHCI but since you have no OS nothing further is going to happen on screen.

Which SATA port are you using for your SSD? Please use the Intel 6G ports.

When you do your OS install only have the SSD fitted please, it will save you head ache later in years to come. OS has a habit of sticking boot up information all over the show. So only SSD for OS install.

That also removes the second issue.

HDMI is more efficient. Lag is all about your screen not the cables nor the connectors.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

Yes after i installed the operating system(win 7),i found the hdd as unallocated space in the disk management page.
All working perfectly so far.will post again if i have any issues.

Cheers,
Arun

HiVizMan
Level 40
All good Arun you enjoy your system and stop by and visit some time.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

Thank you HiVizMan 🙂
If you don't mind I'd like some advice on graphics cards.I haven't yet brought a graphics card yet,but for my current system configuration could you please suggest me a budget graphics card(Nvedia/AMD),that cam play games like splinter cell ,call of duty ,metal gear solid ...in medium to high settings.

Also regarding software i am not able to access any other mode in the AI suite 3 software other than the high performance mode.The others seem to be disabled.Any settings i need to change to access the low power and auto modes?

About the red audio line,its on even when i shut down windows.Is that supposed to happen.I noticed when i switch of the PSU switch it completely goes off.Is that normal for this motherboard?
Thanks again, 🙂
Arun