cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG Experience Tour Round 2 (beta)

Retired
Not applicable
Before announcing the next OC tournament, just a question... how many "overclocks" in this community are into case modding? or have the skills and knowledge of case modding? im talking about anywhere from doing something fancy to doing something that involves some knowledge of handling materials like acrylic, metal, welding, carbon fiber, fibergl**** resin, epoxy, or simply nails, wood, and a hammer...?

or you have friends that are in the case mod scene?
11 REPLIES 11

Retired
Not applicable
not me I bench on a motherboard box rofl

V2-V3
Level 8
I enjoy a good ole custom case fabrication every now and later 🙂

Retired
Not applicable
im into case modding. though i don't have the tools for it anymore I've done quite a few.

Boofus wrote:
im into case modding. though i don't have the tools for it anymore I've done quite a few.

Time for a trip to Home depot????

Retired
Not applicable
V2-V3 wrote:
Time for a trip to Home depot????

i need to atleast get a dremel,

Retired
Not applicable
Most of my modding revolves around not having a case to mod. (IE building PCs into furniture) Or building my own bench stations. I also do not have the tools for the serious work. But its fun. Wood is very easy to work with 🙂

Pretty sure most OCers that run a PC in a case have modded at least a little. If for nothing else that wiring/airflow

Neuromancer wrote:
Most of my modding revolves around not having a case to mod. (IE building PCs into furniture) Or building my own bench stations. I also do not have the tools for the serious work. But its fun. Wood is very easy to work with 🙂

Pretty sure most OCers that run a PC in a case have modded at least a little. If for nothing else that wiring/airflow

Thats how I got into Case Modding, I tried to fit my crazy Vapor Phase cooled PC into a case and in came the power tools 🙂

The_Nemesis
Level 10
I mod a little and have a friend who mods alot 🙂
Praetor
» i7 990X 3101A239
» Asus Rampage III Black Edition
» Asus GTX 470 & 570 Tri-SLI or Three Sapphire 5850's CFX
» 6GB Corsair Dominator GT TR3X6G1866C7GTF
» Corsiar Force Series 180GB
» CORSAIR Professional Series AX1200 1200W
» Microcool Banchetto 101
Defiant
» G74SX » 16GB ram » Corsiar Force Series 180GB » 750GB Seagate » Blu-ray

Retired
Not applicable
Besides just modding the ATCS 840 which isn't a 'hard' mod since the cutting would be done by a company. I want to eventually get a Rampage III Gene and throw it in a SFF case and mod that for looks and air flow increase or water cooling. I'm lacking the tools and will be learning to weld, bend, cut, and all that jazz after this quarters of classes are over. Like some of the guys here, I wouldn't doubt I make it my profession after graduation.