cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USB 3.0 cant fully Support on Samsung Galaxy Note 3

hengsong
Level 7
I just purchased Samsung Galaxy Note 3
When i connect Note 3 to USB 3.0 port R4E , it can charge Note 3 but can't detect as media device by PC
My USB 3.0 port can detect other devices like USB3.0 external hardisk without any issue
I tested Samsung Galaxy Note 3 on other computer, it can detect as USB3.0 devices

i need someone to help me on this issue , why USB 3.0 R4E cant detect Samsung Galaxy Note 3 as media devices USB3.0
Anyone can help me?
7 REPLIES 7

Necrosan
Level 12
Disable USB 3.0 battery charging support in the BIOS.
MB: ASUS Rampage IV Black Edition
CPU: Intel Xeon E5-2697 v2 (Cooled by Corsair H100i w/ Noctua NF-F12 fans)
RAM: 64GB G.SKILL RipjawsZ 1600 (10-10-10-30)
GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX Titan X Hybrid
TV Tuners: 2 * Hauppauge HVR-1800
Case: CoolerMaster Cosmos 2

thanks

it working fine now

I'm having the same issue. I currently have that option turned on in the bios and will try turning it off. But what if I want to be able to charge why the computer is off as intended? Can it only be one or the other?

Nodens
Level 16
Use a USB2 port while the PC is off.
RAMPAGE Windows 8/7 UEFI Installation Guide - Patched OROM for TRIM in RAID - Patched UEFI GOP Updater Tool - ASUS OEM License Restorer
There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those who don't!

RealBench Developer.

The asus motherboards are just not quite compatible with the note 3 USB 3. If I disable the speedy charging the phone charges really slow, like slower than ever.
If I enable, the phone, I think, charges normally, but it is not recognized.
It seems like a matter of drivers that the engineers/programmers should fix.

Nodens
Level 16
I have no issue with my Note 3 and the RIVE. At all. Also the drivers for the note are Samsung's thing. Granted I don't use KIES. I just install the Samsung drivers singled out. You can find the package over at xda-developers. It could be a KIES issue. Or badly installed (or corrupteD) Samsung driver..
RAMPAGE Windows 8/7 UEFI Installation Guide - Patched OROM for TRIM in RAID - Patched UEFI GOP Updater Tool - ASUS OEM License Restorer
There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those who don't!

RealBench Developer.

Nodens wrote:
I have no issue with my Note 3 and the RIVE. At all. Also the drivers for the note are Samsung's thing. Granted I don't use KIES. I just install the Samsung drivers singled out. You can find the package over at xda-developers. It could be a KIES issue. Or badly installed (or corrupteD) Samsung driver..

You can also plug in your phone into a USB 2.0 port, and mount the phone as a media device. The drivers are on there as well.
I am disturbed because I cannot break my system...found out there were others trying to cope! We have a support group on here, if your system will not break, please join!
http://rog.asus.com/forum/group.php?groupid=16
We now have 178 people whose systems will not break! Yippee! 🙂
LINUX Users, we have a group!
http://rog.asus.com/forum/group.php?groupid=23