cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maximus VI Extreme only blinking BIOS 1 led....Help

managerman
Level 9
Hello,

I have spent two months working on my new build.....Got it all together and now when I go to turn it on all I get is one orange blinking BIOS 1 led. NO other power..no lights, no fans..nothing...

I tested all components outside of the case before doing the final build and everything worked great...

I tried another power supply and same issue...

Any thoughts on what might cause this...I am praying the board is not dead...

Help..

Thanks,

-M
4 REPLIES 4

Chino
Level 15
There is a possible short. Check to make sure your motherboard is aligned with the standoffs correctly. And recheck all your connections and see if anything out of place is touching the motherboard.

HiVizMan
Level 40
Remove your motherboard from the case and test again on the test bench, or the motherboard box which ever one you used.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

managerman
Level 9
Problem solved....took about 3 hours of google searching, but found a similar problem with an owner of a maximus v board who stated that the screw that holds the wifi module on the board through the io shield causes a short..solution is to use a plastic washer or remove the module. As soon as I removed the module....boom....system fired right up....asus should look into this as it probably causes unnecessary RMA's..

-M

HiVizMan
Level 40
There is a sticky post here on the forum on how to correctly install that little module and I fully agree with you it is a pain. I am just pleased you are sorted.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.