cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crosshair Formula IV Extreme how to reach 2133mhz(O.C) ram

rodrycap5
Level 7
Hello everyone!
My first post :o, I just installed BF4 on my pc, but I realise that I have no machine to play it well, so i need to make some upgrades, and here is where my knowledge get stuck :D.
1-) I want to get OC up to 16gb ram 2133mhz (my mobo limit), personaly i like "Corsair CMT16GX3M4X2133C9 Dominator GT 16GB DDR3 2133 MHz (PC3-17066) kit (4x4gb)" but I have no idea if it will go well or not, right now i have a Corsair Dominator 2x2gb 1333Mhz and so far no problems.
2-) Also i have a GTX 670 ASUS DCII 2GB DDR5, and i don't know if will be better to do a SLI or buy another more powerful sigle one.

If there are someone who can guideme on this i will owe you one.

My pc:
Proc-Phenom II x6 1100T
Mem-Corsair Dominator 2x2gb 13333Mhz
Mobo-Asus Rog Crosshaire Formula IV Extreme
Graf. Card-NVIDIA ASUS DCII GTX 670 2GB DDR5
HDD(w7 64bit)-Samsung SSD 840 Pro Series 128gb

Thanks!!:cool:
9 REPLIES 9

HiVizMan
Level 40
http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&N=100007611&IsNodeId=1&Description=2133%20...

Select basically any of these and you will be good to go.

However your CPU is what is holding you back not your memory at all.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

thanks for the fast reply "HiVizMan"!!! 🙂
I was afraid of that, then I should improve my cpu to AMD FX-8350 8-Core and my memory? because I have a friend who has that processor (FX-8350 8-Core) and 8GB memory and also the GTX 670, but he can not play, even in medium details, anyway! 😞

HiVizMan
Level 40
Er BF4 is pretty taxing that is true.

Battlefield 4 system requirements
The minimum PC system requirements for Battlefield 4 are expected to be:
Dual core CPU (Intel Core i5 or AMD “Bulldozer”).
At least 4 GB main system memory
Graphics card with at least 512 MB of VRAM and support for DirectX 10
30+ GB of harddrive space
Windows Vista
Recommended system requirements
The recommended PC system requirements for optimal visual quality and frame rates:
Quad core CPU (Intel Core i5 or i7) at 3 Ghz
4 GB memory (8 GB for 64-bit operating systems)
A modern DX11 graphics card with 2+ GB of video memory, GeForce 600 series or Radeon 7000 series
Windows 7 64-bit operating system (Windows 8 is supported as well)
30+ GB of free harddrive space
Battlefield 4 is slightly optimized for AMD hardware, since the game also runs on next gen consoles, which are powered by AMD CPUs and GPUs. This means that gamers with AMD PC graphics cards might see a slight advantage. Both Nvidia and AMD offer Battlefield 4 optimized PC drivers.

See if you can find the AMD PC in the optimal systems spec 😞
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

Sadly I don't, I thought that was the intel part of the requirements, thanks for clear me out that. 😞

HiVizMan
Level 40
Hey I love my AMD stuff, and if you look around you will see I bench my AMD rig quite hard (7,807MHz 32 mil Super Pi) and I only crack just under 10 mins.

The Intel record is under 5 mins at way less frequency.

rodrycap5
Level 7
I love my stuff too, but can it be true? is intel way better than amd? well any way, I think we are going out of subject here ;), just to close my thread, i will like to thank you very much (again) HiViz for the replies, and sorry for my english man, I did not mean to be rude it's just that is kinda rusty. 😄

HiVizMan
Level 40
Nah no worries mate you were not rude.

As to the question you asked (off topic :p) in some ways yes Intel is that far infront. But in real world stuff for offices and non-gaming folks nope the APU range that AMD make is top class and where they make all their profits from. AMD is huge OEM seller because of the very strong APU range.

muruez
Level 7
hi my system is rampage iv black edition , i7 4960x , Ram Corsair Dominator Platinum CMD16GX3M2A2133C9
( 16GB ) 8GB x 2.
in bios my memory show as 1333 MHz how to get my 2133 MHz to get work. im new to this forum.

Thank you.
CPU I7 4960x / Rampage iv Black Edition
Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB 2133MHz ( 2x8gb )
Samsung SSD 840 Evo 250GB / Samsung HDD 2TB
Cooler Corsair H100i / Aurum 92+ Platnium 650W

muruez wrote:
hi my system is rampage iv black edition , i7 4960x , Ram Corsair Dominator Platinum CMD16GX3M2A2133C9
( 16GB ) 8GB x 2.
in bios my memory show as 1333 MHz how to get my 2133 MHz to get work. im new to this forum.

Thank you.

It's normally best to make your own thread in the correct place to get an answer quickly, but since you're new I'll just tell you anyway 😛

Go into your BIOS and simply select XMP mode under the AI Overclocker section which can be found in the advanced BIOS menu. That should put your memory at 2133MHz for you 🙂