640 GB Hitachi HDD
Board: R.O.G. Rampage IV Extreme
PSU: Corsair AX 1200
CPU Cooler: EK-Waterblocks
PC CASE: Corsair Obsidian 800d
Operating system: none
Drivers Installed (include version): none

Hey Guys,

I´m experiencing major issues with my Rig.
After I´ve built it i wanted to start the System. The fans turned on and
everything seemed okay but the monitor displays "no signal" (I can´t even get into UEFI)
After I´ve noticed that, I saw that the debug LCD shows "19", "14" and gets stuck with the Code "0C".
I´ve tried to use only one DIMM at a time (with all of them), only one GPU at a time (with both of them)
i tried reseating the CPU and checked with a magnifier if the socket has any bent pins.
I tried another Monitor and other DVI cables. I tried to clear CMOS and double checked all my connections.
Nothing works. Do you have any Idea what could have caused this?

I´ve read about Corsair Venegance are causing trouble with the RIVE could this be the reason?
Unfortunately I don´t have any other DIMMs I could try.

Thanks in advance! Kalledakilla
15 REPLIES 15

Raja
Level 13
Take the board out of the case and place it on a non-conductive surface. Plug in only a keyboard (CPU, cooler and GPU obviously), and see if it will POST then. Your board should have the correct UEFI for 3820 CPUs (support was added a long time ago).

Kalledakilla
Level 8
Thanks for your quick reply!
Well I´m going to try this when I´m home from work.
I´ve bought this board only a month after it was released. Do you think the support of i7 3820 is missing
in my UEFI? Could this cause these problems and if it could, how can i flash a new UEFI?

Thanks! Kalledakilla

Raja
Level 13
If that's the case then yes it is likely the problem. You can use USB BIOS Flashback to update UEFI. NOTE: Download the correct build. Your board will not have .CAP UEFI conversion so you should download the UEFI version that supports your CPU - depending upon the CPU I think it's build 11**. You can check that by looking at the CPU support section on the ASUS support page for the R4E. I repeat, do not use a more recent build than the one you need.

Update the UEFI using USB BIOS flashback, let the board POST and then you can complete an update to a .CAP UEFI at a later date. Also, when you perform updates to UEFI, when the board powers up after the flash, it may sit for a while as if it's not POSTing. Just leave it alone and let it do its thing. It may power cycle a few times on its own accord, then eventually POST and tell you it is updating the iROG ROMs. Let it do that without interrupting it.

Kalledakilla
Level 8
Hey Raja,

Yesterday I tried to take the board out of the case but it still doesn´t work. Then I tried Flashing BIOS 1101 for i7 3820 support via
BIOS Flashback. The BIOS Led flashed 3 times and turned off. (Seemed a bit short to me)
The Debug Error is still the same. I´ve noticed that the DRAM LED turns red when powering the system.

I also tried to make a diagnose via ROG Connect but that doesn´t work (Remot PC locked)

Raja
Level 13
Use a FAT32 formatted flash drive with the file renamed appropriately for USB BIOS flashback. Check your manual for that or download the renamer. I think it's probably R4E.ROM in your situation...

Nodens
Level 16
4 blinks of the LED means something is not right with the flash drive or the name of the file. It should blink for about a minute.
RAMPAGE Windows 8/7 UEFI Installation Guide - Patched OROM for TRIM in RAID - Patched UEFI GOP Updater Tool - ASUS OEM License Restorer
There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those who don't!

RealBench Developer.

Kalledakilla
Level 8
Okay now it worked and the BIOS was properly flashed (Version 1101) I just forgot the ".ROM" and named it "R4E". I did a CMOS Clear and turned it on but i still get the same debug code 0c and no signal on the screen.
I´m starting to wonder if the board is just dead...

Edit: i just tried the other BIOS Chip but this changed nothing.
I´ve noticed that the board makes a strange high frequent beeping sound like an old tube tv
this stops as long as the CMOS Clear button is pressed. I tried another PSU with the same result.
Dead capacitor?

Do you have further advise how I could solve this?

Nodens
Level 16
At this point I would suggest examining the CPU socket for bent pins. It helps if you can take a high resolution photograph of the slot so you can zoom in and examine closely.
RAMPAGE Windows 8/7 UEFI Installation Guide - Patched OROM for TRIM in RAID - Patched UEFI GOP Updater Tool - ASUS OEM License Restorer
There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those who don't!

RealBench Developer.