Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by Raja@ASUS View Post
    The SATA controller is part of the PCH (platform controller hub), which is under the heatsink toward the lower right corner of the motherboard. It communicates with the CPU via the DMI bus.

If no drives are being seen by the CPU and the PCH is working fine (and everything is setup correctly), then it is because the DMI bus has a fault, not a "SATA controller on the CPU". There is no "SATA controller" on the CPU.

-Raja
    thank you for clarifying it Raja!
    BUT: isnt this board supposed to be fully functioning out of the box? cuz i did hear somewhere, somebody saying: every maximus motherboard is tested and oc tested before it is packed in the box...
    i really do not want to rma my cpu cuz i have had this cpu over 45 days so i cant return it straight back... it takes 2 weeks for the rma process to finish so i dont want to sit here with a motherboard without cpu...

since i had purchased this motherboard at this monday, they took it back without question... i already ordered a new motherboard (vi formula) so i will get the new board around tomorrow afternoon, and they told me that they will do a full refund for the board i gave back.

i will be back here and write how it is going with the new motherboard...

Tech Marketing Manager HQ Array Raja@ASUS's Avatar

The concern for me at this point is what you did with that MSI board and this CPU - could have damaged a few things...

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by Raja@ASUS View Post
    The concern for me at this point is what you did with that MSI board and this CPU - could have damaged a few things...
    Yesterday i returned the item to my local store, and i bought new motherboard (so i could have a motherboard mainwhile), the same motherboard basically...
    but i have some bad news.... it looks like both of these maximus formula boards were problem free... i mean both had no problems at all..

now i requested RMA for my 4770k, and i am hoping to get a replacement soon.

what i did with my previous board (MSI G45 z87) was that i plugged in a old odd device to the JSPI1 hub and it just f*******ed everything up. i was looking for somebody to explain it to me on MSI's forum pages, and i been told that that hub/port, or whatever it is called, was for bios programmers... and i probably messed the inbut output voltages or something like that - causing the motherboard to be defective. i ordered new bios chip, but it didnt fix the problem.

i dunno if this answered your question tho...

btw. i have ran memtest so i am 100% sure memory sticks are all fine... now we changed the motherboard - only thing remaining is the cpu...
    psu is also tested on a different rig, so no problems there...

i will update as soon as i change the cpu, i hope this cpu swap will fix it... otherwise i cant play bf4 >

ROG Member Array

ok guys,
    those tech guys have tested my cpu and confirmed that it is fully functioning. so i guess i am totally screwed and cant find out how to resolve this issue....

so, so far we know:
    mobo is good
    cpu is good
    psu is good
    hdd is good
    ram is good

but recently i did read an article where someone says that he was having windows installation issues because his motherboard didnt support his ram...

to double check if there is anything wrong or not with my ram modules, i will run memtest86 over night and see if several passes give me a result or not.

also, can somebody confirm that my ram sticks are compatible with this motherboard?

Corsair Vengeance ddr3 1600mhz CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9 timing: CAS 9-9-9-24 @ 128-bit mode (reading it from memtest)

i cant find the exact item number match on the VI Formula user manual. in the user manual i can fin this:
    CORSAIR CMZ8GX3M2A1600C8 (XMP) 8GB (2x4GB) SS/DS: DS TIMING: 8-8-8-24 VOLTAGE 1.5

the item numbers doesnt match at the end,
    my ram:
    CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9 (my ram)
    CMZ8GX3M2A1600C8 (listed in user manual)

the C9 and C8 should stand for CAS timings, where my ram is set to 9-9-9-24 (set automatic, not by me) and the one user manual mentions has 8-8-8-24 which is different...

can this be the issue?

ROG Guru: Grand Master Array HiVizMan's Avatar

There is always a chance that the selection of hardware is incompatible. I have a set of memory that clock like a dream on every system bar one.

They will not even post on that system.
    To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

ROG Member Array

i have ordered new Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR3 2400MHz 16GB ram and these would probably be delivered tomorrow...
    i will update this thread again when i test the new set of ram...

if this doesnt fix, i will buy a new msi gaming g45/d65 board and test it and see if the asus maximus vi formula board has any compatibility problems or not...
    if it has any such compatibility problems; this will be my last time buying any asus motherboards... lets just hope that this isnt the case, cuz i am in love with the damn good looking ROG boards!

Dude it can happen, and the ram I am talking about work in two of my RIVE boards but not the third one. Go figure.
    To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by HiVizMan View Post
    Dude it can happen, and the ram I am talking about work in two of my RIVE boards but not the third one. Go figure.
    well... let me see how it goes with new type corsair vengeance ram modules tomorrow...
    i just hope that the new ram fixes this problem, cuz i dont want to go back to msi or gigabyte again... wish me luck <3

ROG Member Array

well... looks like we dont have any good news!

i bought corsair vengeance pro series 16gb 2400mhz ram, and guess what? this did not solve my problem!

so i have one thing left to do; buy an msi motherboard and test it...
    i will update this thread when i have tested the msi board...

Thing is the CPU is the IMC and has nothing to do with the motherboard.

I just do not see why this is not working.

Mate I do not know what to say.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast