cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

another debug code 00

Ronin44
Level 7
Hi. Purchased the maximum hero vi yesterday along with a 4670k. Keeping my patriot viper extreme 1866elk and 5870 video card from the previous system. Took my old mobo and CPU out to install new parts. Tryed to boot for the first time however it did not post and showed the 00 error code on the motherboard. So took everything out of the system. Reseated everything including CPU and memory however after powering up same error, not posting and 00 code on mobo. So took everything out left only CPU and hsf and powered on. Still 00 code on board. Tryed a different power supply with same error.

Have tried taking battery out for 10mins with the same result. Also tryed without CPU and the same code appeared.

Should I flash bios or RMA board. If I flash bios, what version should I use? I know if I RMA board it could take up to 6 weeks which is seriously inconvenient considering I picked up the board yesterday.
5 REPLIES 5

chomuco
Level 7
nice.. cpu RMA

HiVizMan
Level 40
The q-code indicates that the CPU is not being detected. Please inspect the pins of the socket very carefully for any that are possible bent or misaligned.

If pristine then I must agree RMA the CPU as faulty.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

Took the motherboard down to the retailer and they had a look and it seems that there was in fact a bent pin in the cpu socket. RMA motherboard. Hopefully won't have to pay although I'm thinking that I may in fact have to.

Ruttiger343
Level 7
If there's a bent pin in the CPU socket, then surely unless they can show that it was totally your fault for bending it during CPU installation, then why would you have to pay? Sounds slightly harsh to me...

HiVizMan
Level 40
If the pin is bent that is deemed to be user damage.

A bent pin is easy to fix, and you can do it your self with a steady hand, a thin sharp blade and good light (on and reasonable eyesight)
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.