cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G55 Not able to run games on best settings

Terrible_Gamer
Level 7
Hello tech gurus. Have an issue with my G55VW gaming laptop. I don't really game, just watch movies on it and use it for AutoCad and Solid Works type stuff. I recently have been interested in playing some games, so I got a couple and I am having very annoying stuttering, low fps, etc. I ran a couple benchmark test I found through Google and was surprised at how terrible my laptop was performing. On one test (#d Mark free version) at the end it didn't even rank in the "gaming laptop" scale it was so bad. On another free benchmark program (Haven) it showed consistent low fps (12-25) even when just running on "high" and not "ultra" or whatever.

My questions to you would be does this sound like what you expect, or do you think I have something screwed up? I'm not a tech guru, far from it, so I am not sure what I should be looking into. My computer specs are as follows:

Core i7-3610QM CPU @ 2.3Ghz
Ram: 12 GB
Nvidia Geforce 660M 2GB video card
Runing Windows 7

Any direction you guys could offer would be most appreciated.

Thank you!
2 REPLIES 2

Myk_SilentShado
Level 15
Are you gaming/running the bench marks on battery, or is it plugged in at all times?

Terrible_Gamer
Level 7
It has been plugged in for every test except for one, I wanted to see if there was a difference. If there was it wasn't noticeable.