Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    ROG Enthusiast Array

Are there any drivers that should be installed for my mainboard for best performance? Before I reinstall any drivers, can you tell me for which ones to look?

ROG Guru: Grand Master Array HiVizMan's Avatar

The only drivers that I would install are the Intel chipset drivers and those drivers needed for LAN, USB3 and so on.

Your numbers are very close to what you can expect, not sure what the reviewers used when they benched the drive I would suspect ATTO or something similar to that.
    To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

ROG Enthusiast Array

I used CrystalDiskMArk as did many testers to test drive speed. Even Asus used it for advertising the speed.

ROG Enthusiast Array

If you use atto you will get the speeds that are listed in the box. because it uses other files than as ssd benchmark etc. Atto gives in most cases the best write/read speeds and because of that these speeds are used for advertising.

Bench the drive with atto and you will see.

"Intel Rapid Storage Technology ist installed, but the RAIDR doesn´t show up there."

Yes. The inteldriver is for the sata ports on the board and has nothing to do with the pcie slots. The only driver for the raidr is "Marvell Magni driver" . Can be found on the cd or wthe website. But i havent seen a difference.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Thanks for the the advice to use ATTO. It shows 815MB/sec write and 824MB/sec read speed. Asus should put this software on the CD instead of Crystal diskmark, if they want their users to get the advertised results.
    Anyway, I also saw CrystalDiskMArk to give high numbers in several tests on the web.

Super Moderator - Coderat Array Nodens PC Specs
    Nodens PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)ASUS GL702VW-GC004T
    MotherboardRampage V Extreme Edition 10
    ProcessorIntel 3930K C2
    Memory (part number)CMZ16GX3M4X2133C11
    Graphics Card #1ASUS STRIX-GTX970-DC2OC-4GD5
    MonitorASUS VG278H
    Storage #13x OCZ Vertex 3 240 (RAID5 - LSI 9361-8i)
    Storage #23x WD2003FYYS (RAID5 - LSI 9361-8i)
    CPU CoolerCorsair H100i + 4x Noctua NF-P12
    CaseCoolermaster HAF-X
    Power SupplySeasonic X-1250
    Keyboard Razer Anansi
    Mouse Logitech G502
    OS Windows 10 Pro x64
    Network RouterLinksys E4200v2 (running TomatoUSB/Toastman firmware)

What stripe size did you set for the RAID-0 array? A balanced one is 64. Smaller than that favors 4K I/O and higher favors Seq I/O.
    RAMPAGE Windows 8/7 UEFI Installation Guide - Patched OROM for TRIM in RAID - Patched UEFI GOP Updater Tool - ASUS OEM License Restorer
    There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those who don't!

RealBench Developer.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Nodens,

where do you set that? In the RAIDR bios?

ROG Guru: Grand Master Array HiVizMan's Avatar

That gets set up when you configure your RAID originally.
    To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array

I think the biggest thing people are missing is this. They don't know if the benchmark was using Incompressible or Compressible Data. So this throws the end user in a loop when the specs are not seen when they bench a ssd. As "stevenskl" seen when he used Atto instead of Crystalmark. There is also a few more benchmarks for a ssd out.

AS SSD benchmark 1.7.4739
    http://www.filehippo.com/download_asssdbenchmark/

Anvil Storage Utilities SSD Benchmark
    http://www.ssdaddict.com/apps/AnvilBenchmark_RC6.zip

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2