cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Performance worse than expected

stevenskl
Level 7
I have a RAIDR SSD and an ASUS P9 X79 E-WS.
I only reach the following numbers with CrystalDiskMark, even after a secure erase:
SEQ: read: 682; Write: 468 (!)
512K. Read: 611; write: 450
4K: read: 34; write: 74
4K QD32: read: 192; write: 258

Shouldn`t I get about 700-800MB for read and write, especially with SEQ? What`s going wrong?
The SSD is plugged in the second blue PCI-E.
I`ve already tried one of the black ones, but it did not help in any way.

Any ideas, how to get the SSD to ist advertised speed?
18 REPLIES 18

HiVizMan
Level 40
Did you install the RAIDr as per the guide? (sticky post at the top of this section)
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

stevenskl
Level 7
The Installation guide seems to be only important, if you use the SSD for the OS. It only explains, when to use UEFI etc.
I don`t have my OS on the RAIDR. It is only for cache files of some programs etc.

HiVizMan
Level 40
Ah thank you.

What mode of SATA do you have your system set up, I think it would be best if you listed all your hardware and how you have set the RAIDr up.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

stevenskl
Level 7
AHCI mode.
My setup: Core I7 4930K, 32GB RAM, GTX770, 2HDDs, 1RaidR in PCI-E 16x
What else do you want to know?

The first time, I just put it in the PCI_e slot and that was it. Nothing else. It`s in non UEFI mode, because I don`t have my OS on it.
BTW., in the RAIDR bios you can also set it up as raid 1. I don`t know, wether this will work, because the manual doesn`t say anything about it.

HiVizMan
Level 40
How you set up your RAIDr card the very first time you installed it 🙂

stevenskl
Level 7
One more thing that could be of interest: I had set up Hybridisk and wanted to disable it, because you don`t have access to the RAIDR anymore, if it uses Hybridisk. To get the Raidr back to its normal mode, I ha to to a secure erase and format it in Windows. There are various Options to format it. I just used the GPT Option.
Anyway, the speed was the same as the first time I used the RAIDR, which is slower than I`d expect.

HiVizMan
Level 40
Currently it will be default RAID 0 with the speed benefits that a stripped array brings, RAID 1 will offer data redundancy (protection) but will be slower.

OK do your have Intel IRST installed at all?

Intel Rapid Storage Technology ist installed, but the RAIDR doesn´t show up there.