cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First Build: need a bit of guidance

Surdawi
Level 7
Hey ROG newb here
I`m looking to build a beast rig on a reasonable budget of $1000 but thats not gonna happen lol
the parts I am looking at are the following:

ASUS MAXIMUS VI HERO LGA 1150 Intel Z87 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard

Intel Core i7-4770K Haswell 3.5GHz LGA 1150 84W Quad-Core Desktop Processor Intel HD Graphics

ASUS GTX780-DC2OC-3GD5 GeForce GTX 780 3GB 384-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card

Seagate Barracuda STBD2000101 2TB 7200 RPM 64MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive

G.SKILL Trident X Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 2400 (PC3 19200) Desktop Memory Model F3-2400C10D-16GTX

Rosewill Galaxy-01 Black Gaming ATX Mid Tower Computer Case, comes with Three Fans-1x Front Blue LED 120mm Fan, 1x Rear 120mm Fan, 1x Top 120mm Fan, Top mounted USB 3.0 Port
(I DONT KNOW IF THIS CASE IS BIG ENOUGH FOR THE STUFF AND I ALREADY PURCHASED IT AND ITS BEING SHIPPED)

I AM THINKING OF GETTING A SOUND CARD LATER BUT FIRST I NEED A COOLING FAN, AND WELL EVERYTHING ELSE IM
FORGETTING
iF SOME OF THESE PARTS (LIKE THE $660 SOME GRAPHICS CARD) ARE OVER KILL AND THERE ARE CHEAPER ALTERNATIVES THAT RUN JUST AS AWESOME THEN PLEASE LEMME KNOW
BTW IM NOT LOOKING TO BEAT ANY RECORDS WITH MY SETUP JUST WANT TO PLAY SIMPLE GAMES SUCH AS BF4 AND PROGRAMS LIKE CAD in ULTRA SETTINGS WITH LIGHTNING FAST AND SMOOTH PREFORMANCE
THANKS A TON IN ADVANCE ROG PPL
5 REPLIES 5

HiVizMan
Level 40
Capitals are considered shouting by the way. 🙂 I am sure that is not what you intended.

The single glaring ommision is a SSD. That upgrade can change a dated system to a snappy and responsive PC.

For gaming you do not need the 4770K the 4670K is the gamers choice. Use that $100 towards the SSD.

Graphic card you are good to go, it is a good card.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

kkn
Level 14
PSU go for 850 minimum since the cards can pull up to 250W each ( if you have plans to add another one ).
and go for the I5 4670K as hiviz suggested and add it on a SSD.

if i add another card will i have to get more ram?
Are u sure about the i5... i mean idk much about cpu but as long as it can preform as good that`ll be sufficient plus it costs less
Adding a SSD is expensive will the 2TB hard drive work as well im on a budget

HiVizMan
Level 40
4670K is the best gamer CPU you can ask for. You are paying $100 for hyper threading and no games use it.

SSD is an awesome upgrade. But use the mechanical hard drive for now and upgrade to a proper sized SSD when you can. Prices are falling.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

Nawesemo
Level 7
I opted for an I-5 and a asus 7970 based on budget, I rang in just under 1500... and I've no complaints (playing ffxiv mostly)