cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG GX1000 Eagle Eye

kingkaan
Level 7
Hello everyone,

I was thinking about buying ROG GX1000 Eagle Eye i wanted to get everyone's feed back before i order it. I play a lot of fps games and i have been using deathadder since 2010 i have the latest deathadder 2013 but i really dont like it. ROG GX1000 Eagle Eye looks very cool and it looks comfortable unlike deathadder 2013 it isnt only designed for right handed people.
9 REPLIES 9

Pitcher1
Level 9
i have not use, but i think it have designed for right handed people.

Pitcher@asus wrote:
i have not use, but i think it have designed for right handed people.

能不能請你用谷歌翻譯?
G614JV

Cykon
Level 7
Google Translate is hardly perfect, but even a literate person with the basic understanding of English could comprehend what Pitcher@asus just wrote.

Back on topic, judging by the OP he's left handed unless I'm mistaken. The GX1000 Eagle Eye does have a symmetrical shape which would suit both left and right handed users, although the 3 side buttons are situated on the right side of the mouse which may be a problem. There are other ambidextrous mouse on the market with buttons on either side such as the Razer Taipan or Roccat Pyra and Kova (Razer Abyssus and Roccat Lua if you prefer no side buttons).

Thanks for the reply man.

You are correct. I am let handed 🙂 after doing some research i found out that GX1000 eagle eye uses Avago ADNS-9800 sensor and i don't know much about sensors but majotirty of people saying it's really bad and old. But then again i've seen youtube videos people giving it 4 or 5 stars to the mice. Another reason i don't want razer is because of their synapse drivers. But razer taipan looks good it seems like anyone who is left or right handed could use it. Deathadder 2013 is huge even tho my hands are gigantic i have claw grip on my mice and its for right handed people.

Cykon
Level 7
Forgot to mention the SteelSeries Sensei, which is also quite popular.

Chiller
Level 7
I have the GX1000 black, and I love it. It's shape allows for both right- and left hand use. But as Cykon said, it has three buttons which would be used by a righthandeds thumb. Not sure if you cold get used to using your pinky or ringfinger though... 😛
I love the weight system, which suits my claw grip perfectly. The only thing i don't like is that the side-led colors are restricted to red, orange, green, or off. And the top to red only. And that you can't make the mouse go completely dark.

hey man i appreciate your reply and that's some great information right there 😄 the thing is i grew up with ball mice im 27 years old 😄 i had my first gaming mouse at the age of 18 which was mx510 from logitech so i really really don't use side buttons at all i dont know why lol. the deathadder 2013 im using right now has side buttons on the left i havent touched them ever since i got it. i just cant get used to it or maybe its the games i play.

My question to you is have u ever used any razer products? if so how do you compare gx1000 to them? better or worse? performance wise everyone is making a big deal because of the sensor it's using, but i really don't think it's a big deal. whats your take on that? everyone said deathadder has the best sensor on the market i bought it it's total crap. the original deathadder was so much better. but i really like the looks of gx1000 it looks nice and comfortable.

Chiller
Level 7
i think it's all a matter of opinion. i'm 30 and my first gaming mouse was a ball razer boomslang, insane sensitivity and way too sensitive buttons 🙂 still have it here somewhere. i did have a red diamondback for a long time, but lately i've stuck to the logitech gaming mice. i'm currently using the g9 on my desktop, and i really like that.
i think it's really hard to compare mice, because you'd have to use them for a while before you really know if you like them, and it's completely individual. so far i'm impressed with the gx1000, which is an upgrade from the "rog" mx518 i had before. when i first unpacked it it felt really light and cheap, but the weights made all the difference. it has only one sensitivity switch, which cycle upwards, it lacks the downwards button. also you can't make the wheel spin freely. unless i'm missing something.

lol do you remember cleaning a ball mouse? priceless lol. oh i know about sensitive mice man if you ever seen a deathadder 2013 that thing clicks before u lay your finger there..so u have to really be careful with your fingers. which i thought is a good thing but its not, mice is already going bad i can hear squeaking from buttons. the original one i had i used it for 3 years straight gaming everyday nothing happened to it. but for originals they had a left handed version even that wasnt very comfy for leftys. so yea after all this i think im going to give it a try this mice seems to be very good 😄