cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Uefi confused

OPTIX
Level 9
Im not understanding this whole uefi thing. I understand it to a point. But how do i set up raid in it? Do i not even set it up until im in windows? I created a raid array on intels matrix control i. When i set everything to what its suposed to be for uefi. It doesnt show in boot options therefore windows cant install to the drives. I tried disabling csm completly an secure boot changed to other os. But it switches me back due to vga doesnt support uefi driver? I have 3 gtx 680s? Someone please help. I just want to setup Windows 7 pro oem . 2 256gb samsung pros raid 0 raid array total 476.8 possibly in uefi. I dont understand the csm and secure boot settings. Please help thanks:)
5 REPLIES 5

emaratee
Level 9
Try the following link ... this should get you going with your installation

OPTIX
Level 9
Oh ive been reading this you can bet on that. Man what a heartache just to get this thing working in uefi instead of legacy. I am still having issues with csm settings having to be legacy first for raid array. I have no idea. I am just lost. I did manage to install uefi gop on my 3 gtx 680s though. The problem im having is when i disable csm it gives me a warning stating current setting in bios doesnt support boot device. That is my Intel Raid array Volume. If anybody has any answers please let me know...... Thanks

HiVizMan
Level 40
Have replied to your PM.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

OPTIX
Level 9
So here is my trouble now.

I can not set raid array in bios 4403 to boot uefi.

I can only make raid array using control-i and the install os. But it still operates as a legacy oprom. So i cant adjust the csm settings to uefi first for storage controllers.

I do not have the IRST option in Advanced tab under sata config.

I have tried reflashing bios

I tried clearing cmos.

OPTIX wrote:
So here is my trouble now.

I can not set raid array in bios 4403 to boot uefi.

I can only make raid array using control-i and the install os. But it still operates as a legacy oprom. So i cant adjust the csm settings to uefi first for storage controllers.

I do not have the IRST option in Advanced tab under sata config.

I have tried reflashing bios

I tried clearing cmos.

1. In order to set RAID in UEFI = You need to disable CSM >> This mean running UEFI without legacy support, however, you need to make sure your GPU's firmware is UEFI enabled or else you wil get an error message similar to "VBIOS doesn't support UEFI GOP".

This is why I've pointed you to Nodens' Thread as it has good info. in how to go about UEFI only (UEFI with CSM Disabled) installation.

Hope this clears your confusion