cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buying a G750 - anything to do right away?

nagooro
Level 7
Buying a g750jw in the next day or two. Is there anything I should be doing to it right off the bat? Driver updates, tweaks, backing up the OS, etc. Thanks for any input.
3 REPLIES 3

Flea0
Level 10
there is a BIOS update that fixes cpu throttling issues on battery.
you can use intel extreme tuning utility to get more performance and/or less heat from the CPU.
a lot of people prefer to remove asus splendid utility and instead rely on nvidia control panel for color settings.
you can use ASUS Backtracker to create a restore drive for the laptop in case you decide to upgrade your storage.
also, check build quality. make sure there are no noticeable gaps between panels, the hinge under the screen, and that the top of the cooling section is properly attached to the keyboard area.
murder any preinstalled antivirus and go for something free like avast.
ASUS G750JX -- i7-4700 - 16GB - 128GB 840 PRO SSD + 1TB HDD - Nvidia GTX 770M - 120Hz 3D glossy display

CurrySonic
Level 7
Mine came with a 1 month Mcafee which I find to be very good. Won't continue the subscription but, it was still a good program.

Update the Broadcom wireless adapter to to V6.30.223.99

http://support.asus.com/download/opt...uage=en&type=1

kingfish
Level 7
i back up my OS with a disk, resize my hard dive and ssd, update the drivers, apply a bit of tweaks. test the machine, make sure everything works perfect or else get it back to the store. 🙂
G751JT | 24GB | 2 x 1TB HDD | Nvidia GTX 970M | Windows XP