cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New build, won't POST, These LEDs are on

Johnny_Mac
Level 9
Forgive me for posting a new thread, I am lost identifying the "order of steps" to post &/or troubleshoot.

RIVE w/ 3602 Bios.
Intel i7 4930x Ivy Bridge-E
Corsair H100i cpu cooler
G.Skill F3-19200CL 10Q2-64GBZHD, currently 1 sitck in Dimm 1
evga NVIDIA GTX 660ti
Samsung 840 Pro 512Gb boot
Coolermaster 1200W Silent Pro Gold

These lights are on;

Voltiminder LED II
GND - Green steady
Dram_AB - Green steady

Q LED
CPU_LED - Red steady

BIOS LED
BIOS1_LED - Orange steady

The Debug LEDs are dark and not displaying any information.

I have pulled the CMOS battery, d/l Ramapge-IV-Extreme-Asus-4403.CAP, extracted to USB flash drive, and reseated the CPU. I also inspected the CPU and did not find any irregularities.

Before I proceed, do I simply?
1) reinstall battery
2) Start power supply
3) CLR Cmos
4) ROG Connect new BIOS (8Mb, last time seemed very quick, is that right?)
5) Hit system power?

Thanks in advance, this is "a little more than the sales literature prepared me for".

JM

PS. The GTX 660ti is from an old system to boot this build, but I have also read compatibility issues with this card, it that a fact, Jack?
26 REPLIES 26

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
Hi Johnny Mac

you need to flash the 4403 BIOS. http://event.asus.com/2012/mb/USB_BIOS_Flashback_GUIDE/

The flash should take about a minute...the BIOS light will flash continually and increasingly rapidly towards the end...if it goes well.

If it flashes for a few seconds something is failing. Best to use a small usb 2.0 pendrive with nothing on it other than the BIOS file renamed R4E.CAP.....

HiVizMan
Level 40
Post back how it goes please.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

Johnny_Mac
Level 9
Thank you very much, the BIOS update took.

My CPU_Led is still glowing red, the other LEDs are Green. Pressing DEL key seems to do nothing? How long do I leave the system on before something happens?

FireRx
Level 11
did you reset the cmos before booting up?
it should go to update IROG1 and IROG 2 then boot your UEFI
Intel Core i9 103900KS
Asus Maximus Z790 Extreme [bios 1801]
LG (34U97-s) Monitor 3440 x1440
Nvidia RTX 3090 FE
Windows 11 Pro
64gbz Memory

HiVizMan
Level 40
Please confirm that you changed the name of the bios to R4E.cap and pressed the connect button not the clear cmos button.

And that your USB is a fat formatted usb drive to do the flash.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

Yes, reset cmos, then updated again R4E.cap

Yes, fat format, correct name. The ROG light flashes, and the bios1 light flashes too.

All LEDS remain the same, CPU red steady.

Thanks for your assistance.

HiVizMan
Level 40
Are you doing your BIOS flash with the CPU in the system?

Could you try without the CPU present please.

Does your USB stick have any kind of indicator when it is being accessed, mine has LEDs that flash.

Nodens
Level 16
Also how long does the BIOS chip led flash? If it flashes 4 times then it's not working. It should flash for about 40 seconds or so.
RAMPAGE Windows 8/7 UEFI Installation Guide - Patched OROM for TRIM in RAID - Patched UEFI GOP Updater Tool - ASUS OEM License Restorer
There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those who don't!

RealBench Developer.

Johnny_Mac
Level 9
Same results, nothing. Same LED status.

Bios update flashes for about 1 minute.

I pulled the processor & battery, waited an hour. Reinstalled battery, cleared CMOS, flashed bios. Turned off main power, re-installed processor, powered up and same situation. Will not go to POST.

I have also disconnected the SATA drives.