New ROGer Array

Rumour mill - A new 14inch G series

Any idea when we can see a new 14inch G series laptop?

the G75's are too big for me and the G55's lack the Haswell chipsets... It's going to be an alienware if they don't put something out soon!

New ROGer Array

I would like to know about this too. I loved the G46, but would love a 14 inch with 4th gen processor and as the OP said I might have to go Alienware if they don't put out something soon.

They're probably getting something ready for an August/September launch, when all the remaining Haswell chips will launch. I hope that when they do, they upgrade the standard screen resolution to 900p, since that is so much nicer.
    I am disturbed because I cannot break my system...found out there were others trying to cope! We have a support group on here, if your system will not break, please join!
    http://rog.asus.com/forum/group.php?groupid=16
    We now have 178 people whose systems will not break! Yippee!
    LINUX Users, we have a group!
    http://rog.asus.com/forum/group.php?groupid=23

Hoping this time they will consider... the rest of the world too. The 14 inch 1920x1080 display of Alienware will not be too bad
    Hoping Thunderbolt will not be again a never implemented option
    Last edited by Joystick; 07-23-2013 at 12:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Joystick View Post
    Hoping this time they will consider... the rest of the world too. The 14 inch 1920x1080 display of Alienware will not be too bad
    Hoping Thunderbolt will not be again a never implemented option
    Yes. This is what ASUS needs to do in order to remain competitive. Those of us who like quality screens know what a productivity booster it is to have those extra pixels...makes it easier to mod on the forums, ASUS, so show your mods some love!
    I am disturbed because I cannot break my system...found out there were others trying to cope! We have a support group on here, if your system will not break, please join!
    http://rog.asus.com/forum/group.php?groupid=16
    We now have 178 people whose systems will not break! Yippee!
    LINUX Users, we have a group!
    http://rog.asus.com/forum/group.php?groupid=23

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by Zygomorphic View Post
    They're probably getting something ready for an August/September launch, when all the remaining Haswell chips will launch. I hope that when they do, they upgrade the standard screen resolution to 900p, since that is so much nicer.
    How sure are you about this? Because If it is sure to come out by August/September I would wait and be laptopless in uni for around 1-2 weeks before I buy it

New ROGer Array

Mr. Zygomorphic,
    I would like your suggestion regarding whether I should just buy the G46 with i7-3630QM , 900p display and 64GB SSD for 1300$ or should I just bide my time till a new G series comes out. The reason I liked the G46 was mainly due to the weight,cooling, fan noise and battery life for a gaming laptop. I leave for college on August 20th, if the new G series is expected to come out by then I could sure as hell wait.
    Thank you

Edit: Will it be possible to upgrade the processor of the G46 after buying it?
    Last edited by ShredNinjaJr; 07-23-2013 at 08:37 PM.

Still waiting the new "G450". I'm really hoping Padfone team will take over development of G series. Did you see how much time passed between Padfone Infinity with Snapdragon 600 and Padfone Infinity with Snapdragon 800 ? Why are G750 still sold with an integrated 802.11a/b/g/n and Zenbook Infinity with 802.11ac ? Are ROG notebooks flagship products or do I have to consider Memo Pad the flagship product ?
    Last edited by Joystick; 10-18-2013 at 09:22 AM.