cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ugh stuck pixels and bad experience with the 750 :(

fluffydelusions
Level 7
I've been using rog series since the g51j but this model seems very cheap. I purchased the 750jx-db71 and got it with a nice blue stuck pixel on the screen. Also the keyboard would constantly not pickup keys pressed. I found myself pressing them a couple times to register so I returned it and ordered the tb71 model from a different store since it was a bit cheaper so why not. Same thing. Stuck pixel (red this time) middle of the screen and keyboard issues. I have tried all the tricks to fix the pixels but nothing worked. I'm a big Asus fan but I feel like I should sit this model out. Oh also noticed the wireless on both the laptops would just randomly drop so I had to go out and buy an Ethernet cable. Just reading some online reviews and forum posts and guess I'm not alone. Just wish I knew beforehand.
17 REPLIES 17

fab5yo
Level 7
did you try doing all the windows updates plus the all support.ASUS.com updates on the asus website. I have had my G750JX-TB71 for about a month now and all i can say is awesome nothing to complane about what so ever. When i first got my laptop i did all the updates and fellows as windows update which where 69 of them then i did all the ASUS updates on there website. The way I did it was I uninstalled the old drivers and updated them with new ones expect the GPU graphic card one. I did that one straight from Nvidia website. THis is a great laptop i would return the one you just got and try one more time. Maybe you got 2 defective models and it could happen. I got mine from Tiger direct at 1499.99 + tax. I couldn't be any happier with my purchase. But i did get an email about a week ago from dell sell the Alineware 17 for with blu-ray drive and a 780M GTX GPU. I was so tempted in buying the 17 i was about to return this one not because it was bad just the fact i could get the a better laptop with 780M GTX for the same price. I just ended up delecting the email and said i have a bad ass laptop already so why change it.

Yeah I've updated both models to all the latest software/drivers etc. Even so that wouldn't fix the stuck pixels which are so annoying especially considering how much these laptops cost. I'd expect that in like sub $500 laptops not $1500+ Anyway, that alienware sounded like an awesome deal. I see the 17 on amazon but it is like $2000 and only a 770m

hmscott
Level 12
fluffydelusions wrote:
...Ugh stuck pixels and bad experience with the 750 😞 ...

fluffy, tough luck getting 2 screens with stuck pixels in a row 😞

I haven't had a screen with a stuck pixel for many years, but when I did have one I used the massaging technique to fix it. I had a client laptop that had a screen with 5 bad pixels - massaged 3 stuck pixels away - the other 2 didn't want to go.

You could try Step #6 - the method I used - or another option listed here:
http://www.wikihow.com/Fix-a-Stuck-Pixel-on-an-LCD-Monitor

Or here:
http://lifehacker.com/152062/fix-your-lcds-dead-pixels

hmscott wrote:
fluffy, tough luck getting 2 screens with stuck pixels in a row 😞

I haven't had a screen with a stuck pixel for many years, but when I did have one I used the massaging technique to fix it. I had a client laptop that had a screen with 5 bad pixels - massaged 3 stuck pixels away - the other 2 didn't want to go.

You could try Step #6 - the method I used - or another option listed here:
http://www.wikihow.com/Fix-a-Stuck-Pixel-on-an-LCD-Monitor

Or here:
http://lifehacker.com/152062/fix-your-lcds-dead-pixels

Yeah I tried all those tricks with no luck 😞 And yes this is the first I've had stuck pixels in years to. And the same model.it just sucks having to send them back. It is like 2 weeks before you see your money again

fluffydelusions wrote:
Yeah I tried all those tricks with no luck 😞 And yes this is the first I've had stuck pixels in years to. And the same model.it just sucks having to send them back. It is like 2 weeks before you see your money again

That's too bad. Are you going to try again from another supplier, maybe a different production run? You might be getting stock from a single run that had a bad batch of screens.

I may try j&r since it is local. Will be a bit more money though which sucks.

fluffydelusions wrote:
I may try j&r since it is local. Will be a bit more money though which sucks.

If you ask nicely, you can ask the seller to open the box and check the screen and laptop function. Explain to them your woes, and be patient and positive - you may have to confirm payment first, but at least you save the time/shipping - I would also ask if they have more than one closed box laptop in stock in case the first one fails, and if they will honor the return / exchange - and open the 2nd box as well.

I do that when I purchase a laptop in person as well. We take it to the support desk and open it together.

Yeah I was thinking of doing that though I'm not doing anything till I get all my money back. I've like $3500 I'm waiting on to get refunded lol

fluffydelusions wrote:
Yeah I was thinking of doing that though I'm not doing anything till I get all my money back. I've like $3500 I'm waiting on to get refunded lol

You can call your credit card company and explain to them the situation and they might expedite the return of funds by contacting the sellers.