cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sound card for Windows 8.1

rmilyard
Level 7
I have a Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Professional Series card. Today after upgrading to win 8.1 it doesn't really work. Can someone confirm if an Asus or others are working? I am willing to buy something if it works.
6 REPLIES 6

Cageymaru
Level 7
Asus Phoebus does NOT work in Win 8.1 64 Pro. Windows disables it.

Cageymaru wrote:
Asus Phoebus does NOT work in Win 8.1 64 Pro. Windows disables it.

bull**** phoebus is working like before win 8.1
Rules are made to be brake
Some Pics of my RIG https://abload.de/gallery.php?key=kQVMUtOc

Maybe I should have said more. After Windows updates 8.0 to 8.1, Windows disables the drivers for the card. It will spam you with errors and Dolby Digital is dead until you reinstall the Phoebus drivers. Now the thing is that some people can do this and some can't.

I THOUGHT it was working for me until I realized that my surround wasn't working even though it said it was. This is because Win 8.1 64 will treat the driver like a virus and disable it even though it stops saying that it is having problems. So I reinstalled Win 8.1 64 from scratch. When you do it from scratch you don't need to disable UAC or anything special. Now my surround works again. It didn't fix my previous issues with the card from standard Win 8.0 64, but I got all of my functionality back.

So that's what I meant when I said the card didn't work in 8.1 the other day. Microsoft tech support walked me through properly getting it to work on Sunday morning.

G-Gnu
Level 7
I got my Phoebus running in Win 8.1 Pro , but the thing is that the Dobly HT software wont work with it though.

Edit: dont enable Xear Surround Headphone, it will disable the Phoebus Control center and make the soundcard stop working (Work around, inactivate sound device and reactivate it again).

They need to do an driver/softw update on this i think.

Edit 2: Removed Drivers + soft, Disabled UAC and reinstalled Driver package with Admin privilege, then it worked just fine, Re-enabled UAC again and it still works, seems that you need it disabled when installing.
(Got this tip from sh000kz (thx m8)).

KILLER_K
Level 10
Don't worry a new driver will be out by the end of this month.............................

But remember that is what we was told. Until Windows 8.1 broke the driver again. Best thing to do is return it or use it for a door stop.

sh000kz
Level 8
by the end of this month?

i dont think so

time will show us
Rules are made to be brake
Some Pics of my RIG https://abload.de/gallery.php?key=kQVMUtOc